FB Login doesn't work

12 years 9 months ago #169773 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
The redirect is PHP based so JS errors are irrelevant. If using CB Connect please ensure you're using the latest and configured the redirect within its configuration for the appropriate integration. For example if you configure redirect for Twitter then it won't work for Facebook, but only for Twitter. Please also ensure you're using CB 1.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173131 by josemarroyo
Replied by josemarroyo on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
I am having the same problem everyone is describing here. I sign in using CB Facebook Connect and when it refreshes it shows that I am not signed in. I get a message that states Facebook user failed to initiate. I am using the 1.4 version and the redirect is set to index.php?option=com_comprofiler. My site is josemarroyo.org in case that helps a bit.

What could be the problem?

12 years 8 months ago #173148 by krileon
Please review your browser error log when attempt to sign in for any fatal errors. This typically happens due to a conflict or misconfiguration of the Facebook application. Please review the documentation and configure your Facebook application EXACTLY as instructed. For example if you specify "Site Domain:" it will fail, always.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173179 by josemarroyo
I have follow all the instructions and still no good results. It signs in at times and at times it doesn't.

I am about to give up on it.

12 years 8 months ago #173183 by krileon
There's no reason it should work "sometimes" except issues on Facebooks end. It has to use their API and is of course as reliable as their API and their servers. If either/or is having problems then so will the integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 8 months ago #173190 by josemarroyo
Thanks for all your help. I will just remove it from the site and try something else in the future.

I appreciate all your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn