numbers only for text input

18 years 5 months ago #1293 by LaSchmoove
numbers only for text input was created by LaSchmoove
Does anyone have an idea how I can add an input field that does not allow any input but numbers to a profile?

I know how to do it in html, but how can I add such a field to be selectable in the backend?

Thanks for your help,
B.

Post edited by: LaSchmoove, at: 2005/12/04 19:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1549 by LaSchmoove
Replied by LaSchmoove on topic Re:numbers only for text input
I'm very sorry for my bad english. Seems like nobody understands what I mean, so I'd like to try to explain my problem in a different way:

In order to define a value (like "how many sites made" in the joomlapolis profile) for the user profile I can only select a text input, but what I would like to achieve is to restrict the input to numbers only and to reject other letters. On static html sites I used to help me with a javascript function, but I have no idea where in the Community Builder I could insert such a component to make it accessible to the site admins.

I am really hoping for your help.

Thank you,

B.

18 years 4 months ago #1557 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:numbers only for text input
There is currently no way to extend fields through the plugin api, but the dev team told that this is coming. If you are not in a hurry, I recommend waiting for the next version of the plugin api.

-mikko

18 years 4 months ago #1583 by LaSchmoove
Replied by LaSchmoove on topic Re:numbers only for text input
Thank you very much for your answer. Do you have an idea how long it will take until the next version is released?

Kindest regards,
B.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn