Only certain email able to register

17 years 10 months ago #14673 by woonydanny
Only certain email able to register was created by woonydanny
I am wanting to make it so only people with a certain email address able to sign up. It is for a university society, so everyone has to have a university email to sign up.

I have found a solution for it on the joomla.org forums but it is only for the com_registration component not for community builder. Does anyone know how to do this in Community Builder?

this was the part in com_registration to add below line 79 on the registration.html.php file:

} else if (form.email.value.indexOf("@emaildomainiwant.com") < 0) {
alert( "<?php echo 'Sorry, this email address is not allowed to register on this site.';?>" );

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14674 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Only certain email able to register
yes

writing a plugin is easy now.
You'd have to use the "OnBeforeSaveRegistration" trigger.
Download and study the "condition plugin" where you'll find all the info to write a plugin.

By the way, i'm trying to write 2 plugins :)...

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

17 years 10 months ago #14675 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re:Only certain email able to register
please explain further. i dont understand

17 years 10 months ago #14687 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Only certain email able to register
If you know PHP, then just download plugin API documentation from downloads (RC2). There is an example of how to make a validation plugin.

If you do not know PHP, you can hire someone to code this at www.joomlancers.com

mikko

17 years 10 months ago #14690 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Only certain email able to register
As Mikko writes, the API documentation is extremely well written.
It explains how to write plugins, because you juste need a plugin for your needs.

And to start coding a plugin, i suggest you to download the plugin named "conditions" in the joomlapolis repository.
Why ? Because i think it is a good plugin, and i have understand in a few minutes how to write a plugin...

So you would need only 2 hours to code such a plugin. Or rent somebody, as Mikko writes.

But, juste try to code, you'll see, it's accessible.

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

17 years 10 months ago #14715 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re:Only certain email able to register
thanks guys,
ive downloaded the conditions plugin and have started having a look at it. will spend some time trying to write my own plugin.

if it doesnt work out as planned looks like joomlancers.com

thanks again, i thought it may have been a simple line of code to put in somewhere like in the com_registration file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn