How to syncronize userdatabases

18 years 5 months ago #375 by klp29
How to syncronize userdatabases was created by klp29
First, thanks for an absolutely R*O*C*K*I*N*G CB!!!!

Until now, our site has been using Yanc to send out newsletters to subscribers, which was not added as users.....just recipients of the newsletter in Yanc.

After installing CB, we have users opening a new user account AND receiving our newsmails.

Alas.....we have two "user-databases" (the old yanc-receivers and the new CB users).

How do we merge these, so they're all users in CB, receiving the newsmail?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #388 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How to syncronize userdatabases
:blush: Thought of it,
implemented it for unregistered YaNC subscribers to move their subscriptions to the user profile when they register and get approved/activated...

and fergot the general YaNC synchronization function. :whistle:

I hope I reply shortly with the SQL statements for doing this. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 months ago #3695 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:How to syncronize userdatabases
I have users who have been with the site for awhile and I have just installed YANC, if I just import a csv list will it link up their e-mails to their CB profiles to allow them to control their newsletter subscriptions from there or do I need to have them go in and put a check next to each newsletter they want to subscribe to.

I would like to add all of my users to the subscribe list and after my first mailing they can then unsubscribe themselves as they wish.

18 years 3 months ago #3715 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How to syncronize userdatabases
browneye253 wrote:

I have users who have been with the site for awhile and I have just installed YANC, if I just import a csv list will it link up their e-mails to their CB profiles to allow them to control their newsletter subscriptions from there or do I need to have them go in and put a check next to each newsletter they want to subscribe to.

I would like to add all of my users to the subscribe list and after my first mailing they can then unsubscribe themselves as they wish.

It's a nice feature-request... Not possible now without doing a direct and clever SQL request to the db using a sql tool.

Once emails imported into YaNC using csv, this generates anyway automatically subscription emails to users in beta 3.

But we noted this nice feature request for the import to optionally check the existance of users. Good point. Thanks. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn