RemovingUddeIM "Messages" tab

18 years 2 months ago #5626 by knotworking
RemovingUddeIM "Messages" tab was created by knotworking
I'm trying to tweak my PM system so that, only members who have established a "connection" can PM eachother. I have removed the "compose" option from the UddelIM page and, have it almost set up so that the only way to compose a message to another member is through the connections tab. This is, EXCEPT FOR the fact that there is the "Messages->Send Private Message" tab/option when viewing other member profiles which allows for sending a private message to that member.

I've looked all around to try and figure out how to remove this tab but, no dice.

Does anyone know how i cound remove/force this to not be displayed?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5824 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:RemovingUddeIM
knotworking wrote:

I'm trying to tweak my PM system so that, only members who have established a "connection" can PM eachother. I have removed the "compose" option from the UddelIM page and, have it almost set up so that the only way to compose a message to another member is through the connections tab. This is, EXCEPT FOR the fact that there is the "Messages->Send Private Message" tab/option when viewing other member profiles which allows for sending a private message to that member.

I've looked all around to try and figure out how to remove this tab but, no dice.

Does anyone know how i cound remove/force this to not be displayed?

you mean menu item, not tab...

well, there is no option to remove it once the pms is installed and configured in plugin parameters. Maybe switch off pms integration in pms plugin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5878 by knotworking
Replied by knotworking on topic Re:RemovingUddeIM
Yes, menu item indeed. I was shaky on what to exactly call that, I knew it wasn't a tab.

Unfortunately, switching it off also removes the PM from the Connections.

I want to force members to make a Connection before PM eachother. This will eliminate spam and unwanted communication.

Any suggestions?

18 years 2 months ago #5887 by pateta12
Replied by pateta12 on topic Re:RemovingUddeIM
If you post your question here (or a link to this forum), you might get an answer from benjamin since he's the one who wrote this great component.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn