Twitter login button not appearing

14 years 4 weeks ago #128309 by victort
Twitter login button not appearing was created by victort
I installed both the Facebook and Twitter plugins, and the Facebook login button appears, but the Twitter login button does not. I followed the instructions for both plugins closely and I've tried creating new Twitter applications and reseting the consumer key/secret, to no avail.

I am running Joomla 1.5.15 and CB 1.2.2, with PHP version 5.2.1. The cb_login module is also 1.2.2 and the CB Plugins Integration is set to Yes. You can see the login page here on our rough development site: dev.inthefray.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login&Itemid=340 . Debugging is currently set to On but doesn't seem to show any errors.

I'm not sure if these other errors are related, but the Facebook plugin, which used to allow me to link CB user accounts to my Facebook account, has stopped working for some reason -- when I log into CB and then click on the "Link" button, it just gives me a blank page (whereas before it gave me a success message). Also, when the Facebook->CB link did work, it never synchronized the Facebook profile pic as the CB avatar, even though I enabled that setting.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 weeks ago #128481 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Twitter login button not appearing

...with PHP version 5.2.1.

Your PHP release is significantly out of date, please upgrade to a more up to date release and confirm if issue resolved. CB 1.2.2 as well as the plugins support PHP 5.3 now so is safe to upgrade to such release if your host provides it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128552 by victort
Replied by victort on topic Re:Twitter login button not appearing
Thanks very much for your help. I asked our webhost about upgrading to PHP 5.3, but they said that they wouldn't be getting around to upgrading our shared hosting server for several months (they couldn't give me a date). They do allow use of PHP 6 for testing purposes, and I tried to use that but Joomla doesn't work at all using that version -- all I get is a blank screen.

Is there any way to hack the Twitter/Facebook plugins so that they work under PHP 5.2.1? We really wanted to use these plugins (it was the main reason we signed up for CB Documentation), so it's frustrating that we're running into this problem. I don't mind going through the code myself if you'd suggest where to start. We would consider switching webhosts but this month we just made payment in full for a 1-year contract, so our hands are tied. Thanks again.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Twitter login button not appearing
No worries, changing PHP version was simply for testing purposes only. If not capable of doing so will need to investigate other possible causes. Please check that you've configured twitter correctly (please review your documentation) as the button may not be appearing due to misconfiguration of its keys (see backend params for CB Twitter). If issue persists please PM backend credentials and will take a look when time permits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn