phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta Avatars

18 years 1 month ago #10016 by RSM
Guys ...

My installation (fortunately) leaves the CB profile photo where it is, and leaves the phpBB avatar system in place - sort of.

For some reason, the avatar appearance is intermittent and users are getting peeved having to restore their avatar almost every login.

Any clues please, on how tio fix this?

Post edited by: RSM, at: 2006/04/11 02:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #10054 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta Avatars
RSM,

For version 1.0.2... to disable the avatar sync go to phpbbconnector.php and comment out line 34...

Make:

$_PLUGINS->registerFunction( 'onBeforeUserProfileDisplay' , 'sendavatartophpbb', 'getphpbbTab' ); //before

INTO

//$_PLUGINS->registerFunction( 'onBeforeUserProfileDisplay' , 'sendavatartophpbb', 'getphpbbTab' ); //before

Hope this helps...

I am thinking that this Avatar syncing is a double edged sword... I would like to see people add to this thread comments about how they would like the Avatar sync to work... and if they would be interested in testing a prototype with the final solution picked. I would like to see both camps happy... those that want sync and those that don't... So keep the ideas flexible so that as many as possible can be happy...

Any takers?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #10092 by RSM
Replied by RSM on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta Avatars
Thanks Greg, much appreciated.

I prefer the flexibility of utilising the CB profile and photo of the member, and allowing the use of a set of predefined avatars that suit the user's experiences.

I guess if owners who throw the switch in phpBB that allows users to submit their own avatars, then the same photo reduced that sits in the CB profile could be utilised as an avatar - in that way, both uses could be accommodated?

YMMV.

18 years 1 month ago #10236 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta Avatars
Greg,

The reaon I will disactivate the avatar sync is that in CB I cannot link remote avatars while in phpbb I can, and having more than 5200 users this solution saves me a huge amount of bandwidth and space on the HD.

Using the plug in for CB I can only upload images or use the gallery, while in phpbb (also being that there's no backwards syncing phpbb-->CB) I could allow users to select what they want directly from the web.

Second, I might disable the avatars in CB complitely because of problems with the thumb resize feature... that simply does not work.

17 years 10 months ago #15488 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta Avatars
You should have the option to allow either PHPBB or CB to control the avatars..and you should be able to sync their data...

I personally only want CB to handle the avatars all the time..

Which option is for me then?

17 years 10 months ago #15613 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta Avatars
No joy.. iahave just made my FORUM avatars the same size as the CB ones..looks a bit shitty..but it works..i must say this connector is not that great and i would much rather migrate from phpBB to Joomlaboard..

But as we all know there is no such converter..i have searched forever..

Also searched for SMF to Joomlaboard..No luck..SMF bridge is not user friendly at all..and the connector is confusing at the best of times..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn