CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5

13 years 10 months ago #135642 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
sfumato wrote:

Hello, im a totally new to CB. I installed the plugin..but I have no idea how to access the search in the front-end...were is it? Can someone please help

The search integrates with the Joomla core search. Once the plugin is installed, configured and published, search results on the front end will return your CB profiles. No separate interface, which makes this work so nicely.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141556 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
I really have a feeling that the developers dont use this product at all otherwise they would see the weaknesses of it.

no images
..makes searching for profiles near impossible to distinguish users with similar names

do you realize how many obscure usernames people have?..how on earth am I supposed to find a connection when I cant see their picture.....pointless.

no structure whatso ever in the results

the format that the results are displayed in is horrible.. its one giant blob of text.
each displayed field should be on one line

it doesnt do what you tell it to do
...mine is displaying a field, that is not in my list of extra results. It is displaying some small text field that my users use for notes...why?..I dont know?..I have even blacklisted it.

the layout
...how much more screen space do we need to waste..?
when will developers realize we need results in columns and/or grids so we can pack more data on a page and make LESS work for the users.

Unfortunately this is the only game in town,
it does work and produce results...even much better than most, but it seems that further development has been abandoned, which is a shame as this has potential to make CB better and make the developer some cash.

sometimes I am very harsh on the CB Team and the developers, but it is very frustrating seeing something that comes so close to perfection just laid to the side and forgotten about.

or seeing obvious bugs in a component that exist for YEARS and nobody does anything to fix them.

13 years 6 months ago #143998 by maestros
Replied by maestros on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
Hello! I am trying to configure this plugin. I don't understand what is the "menu Itemid for Community Builder"? Where do I find this information?

Thank you for your help!

13 years 6 months ago #144014 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
You can find the menu Itemid in the last column in the menu manager. Locate the main Community Builder profile menu item and use the corresponding number found in the Itemid column on the right.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 4 months ago #149561 by sanethost
Replied by sanethost on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
Hey,

I have downloaded and installed the softforge cb-search plugin, but am not seeing the search box anywhere.

I installed the plugin without any problems.
Then under the plugin manager, I can see the 'search - community builder' plugin.
I can open the plugin and see settings, but am stuck on step 3 of the setup "Enter the menu Itemid for Community Builder and any other parameters as required"
What Itemid is this? Is this the ID of the button that displays a profile from my main menu? The button I have created in the menu to go to the main profile has and ID of 20, which I have put in the plugin parameters for CB search, but I dont see any search button / module / box appear anywhere.
The plugin is published...just not sure how to create a button to the search page, or to make it show on the site.
I am using joomla 1.5.20 and CB 1.3.1.
I have CB profiler pro installed too, and have tried to get it to show there too, but I just cant figure out how to show the search box / page.
Please help!!

13 years 4 months ago #149562 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
@sanethost,

You have everything correct. There is no additional search box provided, because this plugin integrates with the Joomla search. So, once the plugin is enabled, you just need only add the Joomla search module to your page, and searches there will return results from CB!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn