Fatal error using mod_cbpblatest

14 years 8 months ago #110277 by Shiva
Fatal error using mod_cbpblatest was created by Shiva
I installed mod_cbpblatest_1_2_RC and it worked fine for a while. Then suddenly it stoped to work giving the error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getField() on a non-object in /modules/mod_cbpblatest/mod_cbpblatest.php on line 52

I think this happens since updating to Joomla 1.5.14 (but I'm not sure...).

Any idea?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114621 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic Re:Fatal error using mod_cbpblatest
Shiva wrote:

I installed mod_cbpblatest_1_2_RC and it worked fine for a while. Then suddenly it stoped to work giving the error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getField() on a non-object in /modules/mod_cbpblatest/mod_cbpblatest.php on line 52

I think this happens since updating to Joomla 1.5.14 (but I'm not sure...).

Any idea?

Not sure if this is related but I get an error in IE8 with the Joomla latest blog posts module mod_cbpblatest v1.2 published. I also get the same error on pages containing Kunena forum

No problem in Firefox Firefox 3.5.3 on windoze, only in IE8(The only version I have, installed it for testing) Joomla 1.5.14 with legacy on and CB1.2

Andrew

14 years 3 months ago #124282 by andrew432
I have the module mod_cbpblatest version 1.2 installed twice, one displays latest profile blogs, and one displays latest profile guestbook entries.

The latest blogs works fine, but the latest guestbook entries produces an error;

Fatal error: Call to a member function getField() on a non-object in /home/fishingh/public_html/modules/mod_cbpblatest/mod_cbpblatest.php on line 56

line 56 is
[code:1] $nameUser = $cbUser->getField( 'formatname', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' );[/code:1]
I commented out the above code and it prevents the error and does not display the link. I really need this to didplay the link to the users guestbook where the entry is made.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it, or got any ideas?

regards,
Andrew

Post edited by: andrew432, at: 2010/02/14 12:55

14 years 3 months ago #124565 by krileon
Sorry for the inconvenience; issue has been investigated and fixed for next release. I however do not have a release date unfortunately, sorry. Thank you for reporting the issue. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158540 by studymanuk
it has been a year since this issue has been reported. Surprisingly, I still have this issue. How can I fix it? Thanks

13 years 1 week ago #162799 by Avasa
Strangely enough, this has suddenly popped up for me as well. I haven't changed anything on the site. SSL was enabled for the domain and that's all that comes to mind as a delta.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getField() on a non-object in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/mod_cbpblatest/mod_cbpblatest.php on line 52

I have this module built into my FP. Short of disabling it, totally stuck.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn