How I got Gallery2 working in Joom and CB

18 years 6 days ago #12525 by junkers
Replied by junkers on topic Re:How I got Gallery2 working in Joom and CB
i spent the better part of today trying to rig this up:

Gallery2 v. 2.1.1
G2 bridge (v. 2.0.13)

Went thru the whole darn process of G2 2.1.1 installation to the point where it ends with the question "Now that wasn't so hard was it". Of course, it just crashed after that. I get this message when trying to access even the standalone G2:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kuzoo.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I cycled thru this over 10 times. Needless to say, I never got round to the g2 bridge side of things! I figure my webhost doesn't support v. 2.1.1!

It does host g2 v. 2.0.2 (using Fantastico) so I guess I'll hunt down the g2bridge version for that version!

Alas. A whole freaking day sunk! G'night...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 days ago #12550 by junkers
Well, I got it running (G2 v 2.1.1 and G2 Bridge v. 2.0.1.3 (with Image and Sidebar v. 2.5). Everything the same, except I had to chmod the gallery2 folder to 755 (it was at 777).

Why'd that work? Go figure... but I'm happy. The CB Plugin is also working. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn