Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Best way to handle avatars

• eriwet
  • eriwet
14 years 1 day ago #135548 by eriwet
Best way to handle avatars was created by eriwet
I'm trying to sort out how to do with my users avatars.

The built in version for uploading is a little too basic for my likings so I've installed the Advanced Avatars plugin to let users crop any picture prior to uploading. Something is buggy with this one though as the image never displays in the crop window (still possible to upload but confusing for users). I know this is a third party extension but I haven't been able to get in contact with the develper and there doesn't seem to be any forum to post to.

Some users have also requested support for Gravatar and I have not been able to find any useful info on this. Is it possible to have CB look for a gravatar in case there is no locally uploaded avatar? Support for Gravatar seem like an obvious feature for a component like CB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eriwet
  • eriwet
14 years 1 hour ago #135722 by eriwet
Replied by eriwet on topic Re:Best way to handle avatars
Well i fixed the issue with Advanced Avatar and it turned out I had an old version of the plugin so it was my own fault. :blush:

I'm still curious about Gravatar though, does anyone know how to make CB look for a users Gravatar if no locally uploaded avatar is available?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 5 months ago #149094 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Best way to handle avatars
eriwet wrote:

Well i fixed the issue with Advanced Avatar and it turned out I had an old version of the plugin so it was my own fault. :blush:

I'm still curious about Gravatar though, does anyone know how to make CB look for a users Gravatar if no locally uploaded avatar is available?

see www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,56914/catid,13/

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• eriwet
  • eriwet
13 years 5 months ago #149152 by eriwet
Replied by eriwet on topic Re:Best way to handle avatars
Seem to work well with CB 1.3.1 as well, very cool hack! Thank's for sharing!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon