Conditions plugin

17 years 9 months ago #17768 by ralex
Replied by ralex on topic Re:Conditions plugin
any new updates?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17781 by roba121
Replied by roba121 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
I too would like to know if there is any news. I think my application might be a little different and would like to know if its causing problems.

I have set up the plugin and it is published. The tables are edited and I get know errors on the page yet all of the fields still show up.

I was curious if there was anything to do with the type of field Im using.I set it up so that when someone puts in a choice from a drop down a delimitied field shows up. In that fields html I called a photo. Thought is was a clever way of adding logos for groups etc. Anyways the only thing I can think of is its not cooperating because of this.

Any thoughts.

I will also note that I dont get any javascript errors in firefox javascript console. It seems as if its not even running. I have applied the patch etc. As per this thread and done so several time. Any help is appreciated.

17 years 9 months ago #17874 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Mikko:

I made a few tests to try to find out why conditions was not working for me with my two drop-downs: 1 dropdown has all the countries in the world, and the other has all the cities.

I found out that the plugin works if i just insert manually in the database a small amount of rows for each of the 2 fields, and the corresponding conditions.

But when i populate the rows massively it stops working. The 2 drop-downs are fully populated and shown with all values.

It's all together 230 countries and more than 6000 cities.

If then i delete all the conditions(one for each country) but i leave the first 2, and i also remove all the country and city rows in jos_comprofiler_field_values except those related to those 2 countries, it works: I get the country drop-down list populated with those 2 countries and the cities drop-down is empty until i make a selection in cb_country.

Does this strange thing make sense? Is there any logic or limit somewhere in the code on the number of conditions you can have for one same field(in this case a drop-down)?

I hope you can through some light, i don't know what else to check :(

Thanks,
NiCo

17 years 9 months ago #17875 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Delimiters are not designed to work. They might, but most likely not.

mikko

17 years 9 months ago #17876 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
There is no limit by design. However, the plugin was designed to solve a problem where there was only a small amount things to hide and show. Beause of this, the javascript that it generates is not optimized in terms of performance. Without seing your site, I would guess that the JS either times out, or runs out of memory.

Can you post the address of your site?

The solution for your problem would be to refactor the code that generates the javascript, but I have no plans to do this currently, since my own sites do not need this in large scale, and I have plenty of other things that need to be fixed. However, if you have developer resources available, I will be more than happy to provide assistance on how to fix this.

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/07/30 23:57

17 years 9 months ago #17880 by roba121
Replied by roba121 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
I thought this might be the case. However I tried normal fields and it doesnt work either. If I knew I could get one field to work It would make me feel better and of course be useful.

Think about the possibility though of having a condition that showed html code (as the delimt field does) you could do all kinds of things.

thanks, hope you can shed some light

Rob

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn