Profile template editing for users idea

17 years 10 months ago #15398 by rex339
i was thinking about a way to make each user edit his own profile template colors! but the problem is am poor in php. :whistle:

So i will shoot the idea and whats running in my mind and i really want someone code this thing if someone can :) , it will be nice. anyway the idea is like this. :)

the user just when he/she registers, a new template folder is created holding the user id number on folder, where the template file is just a clone from the default folder in CB templates , except that the folder name holding user id number!

when a user update his profile, he/she will have 2 options , to choose default template or the custom one, while below this option in same tab, there are fields where user can enter hex numbers of colors.

later on when they press update profile!
php codes takes those values and generate a file had css extention and overwrite the file in the template folder with the user id number. this new css file had the new values of the user entered.

then when all people logs into someone accound.
another php code checks the user choice (default or custom) and loads it!

there is a topic before about hacking CB to choose the template chosen by the user, that hack is useful and simple.
its on this link >>

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,4230/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,0/

would be more awsome if user can upload a background image! B)

Post edited by: rex339, at: 2006/06/16 02:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn