Forum CB Plugin eating memory?

12 years 11 months ago #165011 by billco
Forum CB Plugin eating memory? was created by billco
Having logged in this morning and got faced with a white screen instead of my profile page, I immediately suspected a memory issue. Was surprised though, since some months ago when I had the white-page issue frequently I fixed it by getting the server admin to upgrade the php memory to 128Mb (from 64Mb).

Tests showed it was only MY profile, no-one elses revealed the white screen, even if I logged in as a different superadmin. Test mode revealed nothing so I set about disabling the CB tabs one by one, and found it to be the Forum Plugin (disabling the tab didn't help, had to disable the whole plugin).

Now given that my Kunena forum has over 2350 posts, 286 of them being mine (I am by far the biggest quantity forum poster), I don't know if that is a lot of posts for the plugin to trawl through but it was set to display only last 10 links on the profile tab. Could it really be the Forum CB Plugin eating memory and causing the bail-out? If it is, then the post count will start to catch-up with other members and cause the problem to spread (the website is less than 7-months old).

I've disabled the plugin for now, so I have one less tab on members' profiles. But is there anything else I can do?

Have CB 1.4 installed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #165025 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Forum CB Plugin eating memory?
Turn on debug and check your server error logs.

12 years 11 months ago #165083 by billco
Replied by billco on topic Re: Forum CB Plugin eating memory?
Started happening again this morning, even though the CB Forum Plugin is disabled (yesterday I could switc the plugin on and off and reproduce the whitepage error off and on accordingly).

So now it is starting to bug me.

Below is my debug output. There is a syntax error showing up which I know nothing about. Same error shows on every page I visit with debug on, so I doubt it is causing the problem.

Error logs don't show anything related - only a problem with the rokweather module, which everyone who has the rokweather module is experiencing, due to google changing the API - guys at RT are looking into that.

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT name FROM bov_users WHERE id =

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->render() /home/icyclecc/public_html/index.php:79
2 JDocumentHTML->render() /home/icyclecc/public_html/includes/application.php:168
3 JDocumentHTML->_parseTemplate() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:249
4 JDocumentHTML->getBuffer() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:386
5 JDocumentRendererModules->render() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:190
6 JDocumentRendererModule->render() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/modules.php:41
7 JModuleHelper->renderModule() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/module.php:84
8 require() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php:173
9 modRokNewsPagerHelper->getList() /home/icyclecc/public_html/modules/mod_roknewspager/mod_roknewspager.php:37
10 JHTML->_() /home/icyclecc/public_html/modules/mod_roknewspager/lib/helper.php:299
11 call_user_func_array() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html.php:91
12 JHTMLContent::prepare()
13 JDispatcher->trigger() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/content.php:51
14 JEvent->update() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php:170
15 call_user_func_array() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:67
16 plgContentzakAuthor->onPrepareContent()
17 JDatabaseMySQL->loadResult() /home/icyclecc/public_html/plugins/content/zakauthor.php:55
18 JDatabaseMySQL->query() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php:355
19 JError->raiseError() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php:231
20 JError->raise() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
21 JException->__construct() /home/icyclecc/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136

I hope you can get some info from the debug for me.

12 years 11 months ago #165099 by billco
Switched off Profile Book and it works now.

Switching ON CB Forum Integration Plugin, or CB Profile Gallery, or CB Profile Book, breaks my website.

12 years 11 months ago #165106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forum CB Plugin eating memory?
Not a single plugin in particular is breaking your site. You're just hitting memory limits based off the combined installed extensions. Request from your host they increase your memory limits in order to install more things. The above debug log you've provided is pointing to "mod_roknewspager", which is causing a fatal error; this will consume mass amounts of memory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #165124 by billco
Many thanks Krileon, you seem to have located the problem.

I disabled roknewspager and was able to get all the CB plugins back.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn