How to???

12 years 10 months ago #168371 by planetvirtual
How to??? was created by planetvirtual
Hello everyone,
I am a designer and graphic designer at heart and am forcing myself to learn PHP the hard way because I know it will make my life better lol. Anyway, what I'm trying to do is soo damn simple but I just don't know where to start! :(

What I need is simple. There is a module called "mod_cbuserlist" and it simply displays a list of users based on a series of options in the backend (random list, most recent users, last updated, etc). The module gives you the ability to show up to 2 different fields from CB. All I want to do is display substitute text if those fields happen to be empty (meaning the user decided not fill it out during registration or any time thereafter). For example, I have a list of the most recent users on my site and I'm showing 2 fields, city and state. If that particular user's city field is empty, i want to show "Unknown City" or if the state is empty, show "Unknown State". I know how to logically put this together into a script in general but CB is a pretty complex system and there is a lot of files associated with each feature and module. I don't even know where I would put this script to get it to work on the frontend properly. Any help with this will be VERY appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds