Authentication help

12 years 1 week ago #197705 by darkcloud784
Authentication help was created by darkcloud784
So I posted this on the joomla forums and didnt get an answer. I've been looking for a way to add a user through a java app. We've added the ability to add everything into the mysql database except for activation. What exactly gets stored there? is it a random MD5 password? is it some sort of hash? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #197712 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Authentication help

darkcloud784 wrote: So I posted this on the joomla forums and didnt get an answer.

Yup - that's were this post belongs. BTW - deleted your cross forum posts on our other forum areas.

I've been looking for a way to add a user through a java app. We've added the ability to add everything into the mysql database except for activation. What exactly gets stored there? is it a random MD5 password? is it some sort of hash? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

You really need to use Joomla API to do this, or even CB API.
You can study the CB Juice code to see how its done there.

12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #198144 by darkcloud784
Replied by darkcloud784 on topic Re: Authentication help
Thx for the reply, but it doesnt give me much information. I looked at alot of the code and we thought we had it figured. The problem is that when we insert all the user data into the user table it spits out an email to the person trying to register. When they click on the link in the email it says they dont have the proper permissions to see the page.

Basicly this is what we're adding for a typical user:

derp	derpherp	derp@hotmail.com	4201248b3242fa4745c135dd6f956cb5:JO8OjVgolK5FEdNdM...	Registered	0	0	2012-04-19 17:00:28	2012-04-19 21:27:31	8d224eff70e583619626ad5477cc94

Where the first long address is an MD5 hash set for the password and the second long address we THOUGHT was supposed to be a randomly generated auth code.

This is the email they get:

Greetings ,
Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have
received your request and we will process it as soon as you
confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink:

warcraftserver.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=

Notice how the confirmcode isnt showing anything. We've tried using both null and a randomly generated auth code to be stored there, both came with the same result.

12 years 3 days ago #198342 by darkcloud784
Replied by darkcloud784 on topic Re: Authentication help
No one knows how to do this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn