[SOLVED] Finding Add-ons...does one exist?

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #210109 by lmeyer55
I've tried searching for a couple of hours now and can't find anything that will allow me to create alpha tabs at the top of the page, eg, A, B, C, ...etc so one can quickly index into the list of members. Can anyone help me locate this?

Also, I've looked at several search addons, CB Core Search seems to be the best but I can't place a PayPal tranaction with this vendor -- I get an error msg: This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

??? Anyone know who to contact for this software?

Thanks,
Lynda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210118 by nant

lmeyer55 wrote: I've tried searching for a couple of hours now and can't find anything that will allow me to create alpha tabs at the top of the page, eg, A, B, C, ...etc so one can quickly index into the list of members. Can anyone help me locate this?

I have not seen such an add-on.

Also, I've looked at several search addons, CB Core Search seems to be the best but I can't place a PayPal tranaction with this vendor -- I get an error msg: This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

??? Anyone know who to contact for this software?

Thanks,
Lynda

No experience with this developer - sorry.

Doesn't the built-in user list search work for you?

11 years 7 months ago #210135 by lmeyer55
No, the search is too basic. You can't use wildcards or enter part of a name. For example, you met someone at an event named JoAnne. You want to contact her, but you don't know how to spell her first name. You want to enter the string 'Jo?' or just 'Jo' and have everyone show up. Currently, unless you know to spell JoAnne with an 'e' on the end you won't find her. Heaven forbid her name was spelled Jo-Ann... ;)

Everyone in my club who has reviewed the functionality of our new site has commented on how poor the search is.

I'm also looking for an index on top that would group the list by letters.... A, B, C, D-G, etc..

11 years 7 months ago #210141 by nant

lmeyer55 wrote: No, the search is too basic. You can't use wildcards or enter part of a name. For example, you met someone at an event named JoAnne. You want to contact her, but you don't know how to spell her first name. You want to enter the string 'Jo?' or just 'Jo' and have everyone show up. Currently, unless you know to spell JoAnne with an 'e' on the end you won't find her. Heaven forbid her name was spelled Jo-Ann... ;)

Everyone in my club who has reviewed the functionality of our new site has commented on how poor the search is.

I'm also looking for an index on top that would group the list by letters.... A, B, C, D-G, etc..

Did you try the advanced search settings?

11 years 7 months ago #210794 by lmeyer55
I just tried it and it does exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!! Our developer didn't turn on that option.

11 years 7 months ago #210807 by nant

lmeyer55 wrote: I just tried it and it does exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!! Our developer didn't turn on that option.

There is so much more you can take advantage of by studying the component or upgrading your membership to get documentation (and further support free CB releases and these forums).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn