help with plugin coding

10 years 2 months ago #240785 by combrains
help with plugin coding was created by combrains
Hello to all Joomlapolitans!

I am currently in the process of coding a CB Tab plugin that will allow users to edit their contact information stored in their CiviCRM contact record.

I did much searching before beginning the process of writing the plugin, and it seems that this is a highly requested feature, but no-one has stepped up to do anything about it.

Please keep in mind that I am a relative novice when it comes to coding for Joomla, CB, Civi, and PHP in general. So far, I have managed to get the user's contact information from Civi and render it in a set of HTML fields in a new CB tab.

However, I am stuck on the best way to update this information once a field has been changed. How would I go about calling a PHP function that updates the Civi information (I know the appropriate code to use for the civi API call).

Am I looking at this the right way? Or have I used the wrong CB function to render the tab? Should I be calling a different CB function on my HTML button? How would I do this?

Any suggestions/code would be appreciated. You can find my code to date on my Github repo: github.com/combrains/civi-cb

Cheers

Combrains

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn