Duplicate CB Field Value...

2 years 4 weeks ago #328913 by moonlit-media
Duplicate CB Field Value... was created by moonlit-media
I'm wondering what the best way to do this would be?

I have a field that stores the user's city (for instance - Orlando).

When this user changes their city to a new city (for instance - New York), I would like the initial value (Orlando) to be saved in a separate field.

Basically, rather than just "city", we would have "newCity" and "oldCity". Every time the user changes their city, their old city is recorded in the additional field. This way, we would always be able to access the city that the user had lived in prior to the one they live in now.

I've tried some different combinations of auto actions and query fields, and just can't seem to figure out how this could be accomplished.

Any ideas of how I should approach this issue?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 weeks ago #328934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Duplicate CB Field Value...
CB Auto Actions would be the best way to do this. If it's just for record keeping though the CB Profile Update Logger should be sufficient. I'm unable to provide specifics for CB Auto Actions without an active subscription, but you're welcome to search the forums for possible solutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn