"Before" events in a plugin

18 years 3 months ago #2487 by geeffland
"Before" events in a plugin was created by geeffland
I have not seen the answer to my question in the plugin API manual so excuse me if it is buried in there somewhere

For a lot of events there is a "Before" and "After" version. I assume that the "Before" events are like those in many other languages so with that in mind...

If I call a Before event, say for registration or login, and in my code I determine that it should "cancel" and not continue with either the registration or login how do I pass this cancel message along so that it will gracefully dump out of the process it is in...

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2582 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:
geeffland wrote:

I have not seen the answer to my question in the plugin API manual so excuse me if it is buried in there somewhere

For a lot of events there is a "Before" and "After" version. I assume that the "Before" events are like those in many other languages so with that in mind...

If I call a Before event, say for registration or login, and in my code I determine that it should "cancel" and not continue with either the registration or login how do I pass this cancel message along so that it will gracefully dump out of the process it is in...

Here a small example:

[code:1]
$_PLUGINS->registerFunction( 'onBeforeUserRegistration', 'pluginExampleBeforeUserRegistration' );

/**
* Example registration verify user method
* Method is called before user data is stored in the database
* @param array holds the core mambo user data
* @param array holds the community builder user data
*/
function pluginExampleBeforeUserRegistration(&$user,&$cbUse) {
global $_POST, $_PLUGINS;

if ($_POST == $_POST) {
$_PLUGINS->raiseError(0);
$_PLUGINS->_setErrorMSG("Password has to be different from username!"«»);
return false;
}
return true;
}
[/code:1]

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn