Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 2 months ago #35234 by p9939068
nant wrote:

BTW - thank you to Mike and Mikko for helping out on these forums - both beat and I have noticed and we apreciate it big time).

Most welcomed, the least i can do ;)

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
The topic has been locked.
  • grl
  • grl
17 years 1 month ago #36005 by grl
When registering to Joomlapolis today & came across subscription piece in the form, I thought... this is just what I'm looking for... any closer to making the plugin available?

I've looked at Amember & failed because it doesn't integrate with Community Builder... so I am now thinking about JUser & JContentSubscription... but really I want to control access to the registered side of the site, so it makes sense to put it into the Registration process.

If it still isn't available, do you know when it will be available? Very soon, I hope! :)
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #36007 by mikko
Mean while, you could check AEC ( www.globalnerd.org )

mikko
17 years 1 month ago #36009 by FireIslandMan
Replied by FireIslandMan on topic Re:CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion
While we are all anxiously waiting for the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin, has anyone tried JContentSubscription ?
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #36014 by mikko
I have not tried that, but I do not see what this component would do that a combination of JACL plus and AEC would not do.

mikko
  • beat
  • beat
17 years 1 month ago #36033 by beat
As quick-commented into my previous blog a few days ago:

Hi all,
Just wanted to tell you:
- We're working 24/7 on finishing it up, as well as on CB, most parts which had uncertaintes are now behind us :)
- will be bloging soon again with more informations ;)
- it's not going to be months anymore, but still more than a few days :)
- features-specs are frozen (no more customer requests accepted to be included in first release), but not all already implemented features have been anounced yet here ;)
- thanks for keeping the positive pressure :)
- Sorry for not having more time for the forums, but it's for this cause ;)

Beat

The long wait will be comming to an end in a not to far future :)

We will be posting news in the next days, probably early next week, with some quite good news.

I have been very bad at predicting the release time and being present in forum, and I deeply apologize for that.

Reason (not excuse, simply reason) for delay and less presence in forum is that actually a lot more features and work went into the backend (and also frontend), than expected initially, to cover all of our existing customers' requests. We wanted to implement these properly, to be solid in first release and highly extensible in future releases, so we didn't take implementation shortcuts.

We got specifications-features freeze in place since 3 weeks (postponing requests for after first release) and are now 98% implemented-features-complete.

Next week a new features-complete build will be installed, and if all looks ok we will be going to beta phase asap, finally. The beta program announcement will also be posted in this thread, so simply subscribe to this thread to get email notificiation.

To reply to open questions in this thread:

- A quite earlier build of the plugin is runing on this site, as well as on sites of a few customers. Next week a beta-candidate-build will be installed. :)

- This plugin is simply different of other solutions that we are aware of, as it takes a different approach to solve a different set of problems, and it is Community Builder-centric. Quite a few of its features already implemented have yet not even been announced, and quite some will flow into future versions of CB itself. ;)

We will be more detailed in the upcommmmming news next week ;)

Many many thanks again for your support in all forms during this intensive development phase, we might not have time to reply to all posts and comments related and other forms of support in the forums or through the documentation subscriptions here, but we notice them, and thank you all for the great support. As said, an end to the loooong wait is in sight.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon