Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 1 month ago #37584 by rpitera
Please people can we do a little better than this? No one wants this out in the public more than Beat and Nant but it'll be here when it's here.

I'm sure if and when a beta is announced, those of you who are smart enough to subscribe to this thread will be amongst the first to know so lets cut down on the needless chatter ok? I don't me to offend but this "me-too" stuff is kind of lame for the assembled level of hackers here.

Just subscribe to the thread and be patient. And if you simply can't wait for a good subscription solution that works well with CB right now, then may I suggest Account Expiration Control.
The topic has been locked.
  • vebmoore
  • vebmoore
17 years 1 month ago #37590 by vebmoore
Excuse me, Mr. Rpitera -- I take offense to your snide remarks. There is no need to trample on people's anticipatory glee. Just because Joomlapolis hosts many of the Joomla Intelligentsia doesn't mean that such folks aren't allowed to get a bit anxious while maintaining their patience and huge respect for Beat and the other amazing developers here at Joomlapolis.

Your post was uncalled for.
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 1 month ago #37591 by rpitera
vebmoore wrote:

Excuse me, Mr. Rpitera -- I take offense to your snide remarks. There is no need to trample on people's anticipatory glee. Just because Joomlapolis hosts many of the Joomla Intelligentsia doesn't mean that such folks aren't allowed to get a bit anxious while maintaining their patience and huge respect for Beat and the other amazing developers here at Joomlapolis.

Your post was uncalled for.

Well I'm sorry you took offense, but it actually was quite 'called for' - many many people are subscribed to this thread and the 'me-too' posts and the 'when is it coming' posts add nothing but background noise and additional emails for us to read. Nothing snide about practicality, and 'asking' for people to think before posting is not 'trampling' on anyone's glee. Take a breath and vent your hostilities before you post please.

I am just as excited and anxious as anyone else, but please try to consider the amount of mail generated by such posts that add nothing to the conversation.

And "Mr." Rpitera is unnecessary, but thanks for the respect. :laugh:
  • Aly
  • Aly
  • Add-ons
17 years 1 month ago #37592 by Aly
I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting this release, just like all of us on this thread -- but each time I see an update and rush over, I am (admittedly) disappointed to find just another "me too!" I'm really looking forward to the next reply to this thread that contains news of the beta release and moreso, the stable. I can't wait!!!
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 1 month ago #37593 by rpitera
Yeah, me too; that was my point. I don't mind someone asking a pertinent question, like will CB be updated along with the Subscription Plug in... (hint..) but please folks, let's try to use our heads here...every time a post is made, some 300-600 emails are being shot out to subscribers. If you are REALLY a fan of the Joomlapolis team, help them by keeping their bandwidth allotment within budget.

And in that spirit, anyone who wants to debate me further, please PM me.
  • Danayel
  • Danayel
17 years 1 month ago #37594 by Danayel
However 'called for' it was, It could have been said a little more politely, instead of chastising people like some grumpy old man.

Yes, in retrospect I agree that we don't need to generate unnecessary mail, I apologise for my own contribution to that. But simply saying -

Hey guys can we keep down the chatter, as it generates a lot of unnecessary mail, and gets people thinking it's ready when it isn't.

Thanks in advance.
Mr Not so grumpy.

Is a lot better way to communicate 'among this level of hackers' than being rude.

Cheers.
Dan.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon