Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 2 months ago #7974 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
mgrds,

You are correct in that you need to 'redirect' the login links and screens to Joomla/CB for the feature you are wanting.

I am not aware of anyone doing that yet but I would imagine that someone has.

I tried submitting a feature request to phpBB for alternate/override Login, Register, and Profile links but got a very wierd reply about the current version being feature locked and no place to submit feature requests for future feature requests (was very puzzled by their response)... So I guess it would need to be a MOD or hack for phpBB.

Sorry,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 2 months ago #7978 by geeffland
nethead,

You can have phpBB installed in another directory... you just need to change the forum directory to point to that location. I am guessing that you have already moved much of that code so it probably doesn't help now.

On the Connections menu not showing up... Have not seen that before and the connector should not be messing with that... you may have some CB stuff messed up at the moment. Please uninstall the phpBB connector and see if the problem goes away or if it stays.

The import process puts their user info into (typically prefixed with jos)
_users
_comprofiler
_core_acl_aro
_cor_acl_groups_aro_map

When logging into Joomla/CB, CB TRIGGERS an event. Our plugin is watching for that event. At that time it "starts a session" in phpBB... same code it uses behind the scenes to login. Similar things happen upon logout or user changes.

A few known 1.0.2 bugs that have been fixed for 1.0.3 (not released yet) are:
1) "Remember Me" logins are not logged into phpBB automatically (unless you patch 1 function)
2) If the user has not started a topic their posts don't show up on their profile.
3) I think there is more... but just can't think of them at the moment... many new features added as well

On creating a link:
Since a phpBB session is started behind the scenes, no special link or startup module is required. You can use either the Joomla Wrapper or just create a URL link that points to the URL of the forum (i.e. www.mysite.com/forum/index.php )

As far as steps from here:
BEFORE STARTING backup any user (or other) tables you want to keep for the future from phpbb_
1) Verify CB is still OK (I guess Joomla as well)
2) Delete phpBB from website (along with phpbb_ tables)
3) reinstall phpBB in desired location (either root forum directory 'default' or other... just make sure forum directory in plugin parameters points to the correct directory)
4) Use Plugin Control Panel to verify which users are sync'd and snyc others that are not sync'd anymore.

FWIW, exported users must be approved and not blocked
imported users must be active

Think I answered most of the questions...
Greg

• nethead
  • nethead
18 years 2 months ago #8005 by nethead
Replied by nethead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hi Greg,

a clean install of phpbb 2.0.19 did the trick. Maybe this was because the installation was from 2003 and patched several times with security updates. Everything works now. Sorry for bugging u with all this stuff.

Anyway. I will start with removing the need for an wrapper/window next week and will create the context diffs for you on the way.

thanx again,

:: nethead ::

• klinic
  • klinic
18 years 2 months ago #8068 by klinic
is it possible that i could have an install guid for dummies because i just keep getting problems.

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/home/errorpro/public_html/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/errorpro/public_html/glesga/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 124

Warning: includephpbbfiles(): Failed opening '/home/errorpro/public_html/forum/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/errorpro/public_html/glesga/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 124

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/home/errorpro/public_html/forum/common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/errorpro/public_html/glesga/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 125

Warning: includephpbbfiles(): Failed opening '/home/errorpro/public_html/forum/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/errorpro/public_html/glesga/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 125

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip() in /home/errorpro/public_html/glesga/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 137

thanks.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 2 months ago #8072 by geeffland
klinic,

Here are a few things that could help you:
1) There is a READM DOC and PDF in the ZIP file. This discusses some of the things I will mention here...
2) Make sure Joomla and CB are installed correctly and running correctly
3) Install phpBB into same database as Joomla/CB (and on same website)
4) After installing the plugin make sure the "forum directory" is set correctly in the parameters section... CB - Plugin Managment - phpBB Connector... The READM me gives you some directions as to how to set the forum directory. Basically it assumes the website root directory + anything in the forum directory field.... so deafult is www.mysite.com/forum ... if this is where you installed the forum then no change needed...

From your error message I would guess that the forum directory parameter does not correctly point to the forum directory... once you fix that and any of the other issues above it should work.

Let me know if this helps,
Greg

Also is you are using an IIS server without a DOCUMENT_ROOT variable then you will need to hack 1.0.2 to work correctly... 1.0.3 has some alternates for IIS setup

• khrishna
  • khrishna
18 years 2 months ago #8097 by khrishna
Replied by khrishna on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I'm having a hard time with the phpbb connector and am hoping for some guidance here. The connector has not worked very well-- I've been able to synchronize only 2000 of 10,000+ users.

When I try to open the connector control panel, a window pops up and continues to load for several minutes. Sometimes one or two files automatically save to my hard drive: index2.php and/or phpbbgui.php. Most times the control panel just times out before it loads anything. When I am able to access the control panel, I get an error message that the script has timed out: cancel or try again. Try again does nothing so I quit. On those occasions I've been able to do partial synchronization. A list of members comes up. I select all but not all sync.

Here are the details:

* Existing install of Joomla 1.0.8 with current version of CB installed and working properly.

* Install of phpbb connector v1.0.2 beta

* New install of phpbb 2.0.9 in /forum directory on the same database as Joomla.

* Joomla is installed on a hosted Linux server, php version 4.4.1 and mySQL ver. 4.1.14-standard.

* I use a Firefox on a Mac. (Safari and IE give the same results)

Cheers,
Khris

Moderators: beatnantkrileon