Update for CB 1.1 to support Fireboard 1.0.3

16 years 4 months ago #51138 by malastic
Thank you. It worked the first time around.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #52628 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:Update for CB 1.1 to support Fireboard 1.0.3
Fireboard 1.0.4 is about to drop down from the heavens and addresses a lot of issues. Mainly the sessions problems that have plagued it for a long time. The devs are very much active on the BOJ forumsin recent weeks in stark contrast to them being MIA a few weeks back. You should be able to reach them very easy now if you already haven't. Hope you haven't given up on them.

16 years 3 months ago #53519 by haitao
Hi Nick and others!

My problem is that after installing CB, FB doesn't display any default avatar anymore, not even the CB one.

Following the hint you gave on my other thread by setting up default values through phpmyadmin, I have set the default avatar to a link in images/comprofiler/nophoto.jpg. (note that you need to also add tnnophoto.jpg in the same directory to get it to display in all situation for FB ).

I updated my table to replace NULL by this default picture and any new registered member gets this value as default. Everything works well for about a day, then "something" deletes those 2 pictures from the images/comprofiler/ directory. Any idea what could it be and where is a safe place to place the 2 pictures to avoid such a problem? Or is there another way to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

Fred

Post edited by: haitao, at: 2008/01/03 11:20

Post edited by: haitao, at: 2008/01/03 11:21

16 years 3 months ago #53520 by nant
haitao wrote:

Hi Nick and others!

My problem is that after installing CB, FB doesn't display any default avatar anymore, not even the CB one.

Following the hint you gave on my other thread by setting up default values through phpmyadmin, I have set the default avatar to a link in images/comprofiler/nophoto.jpg. (note that you need to also add tnnophoto.jpg in the same directory to get it to display in all situation for FB ).

I updated my table to replace NULL by this default picture and any new registered member gets this value as default. Everything works well for about a day, then "something" deletes those 2 pictures. Any idea what could it be and where is a safe place to place the 2 pictures to avoid such a problem? Or is there another way to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

Fred

Post edited by: haitao, at: 2008/01/03 11:20

Is this happening with FB 1.0.3?

If it is happening with FB 1.0.4 I have to take a look - but currently I am busy with other things.

It's on my todo list...

16 years 3 months ago #53720 by Sianna
Hi

Can this upgrade be used with Fireboard 1.0.4?

I am working with Fireboard 1.0.4. and CB 1.1.

ok, I tried it and no forum tab is showing, although I followed the instructions. Is it possible, that it doesn't work with FB 1.0.4. (or I am unable to make it work?)

Somebody has a solution?

Greetings
Sianna

Post edited by: Sianna, at: 2008/01/06 14:50

Post edited by: Sianna, at: 2008/01/06 18:11

16 years 3 months ago #53766 by haitao
Hi Nick!

Fixed the issue finally. I found out what was disrupting my hack and therefore decided to look at the code from FB.

In short by default FB checks who is providing the avatar (CB, PMS or FB) and when it is CB only display an avatar if there is one in the comprofiler table.

There are actually 2 files to edit, the view.php (which is the message code) and the flat.php (which is the flat view code).

I just had to add the case of NULL for CB picture and make the avatar take the default CB avatar to keep consistency.

I'll post it over at FB soon and try to get it in the code for 1.0.5 (1.0.4 doesn't address this neither).

If anyone is in a rush pm me, or reply and I can put the code here too if it makes sense

Thanks.

Fred

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn