Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

15 years 9 months ago #82595 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
It seems that everything after $fbposts5id does not work.

Does it only support 5 auto awards for fireboard?

How come $fbposts6id, 7, 8, and so on are not working.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS!

Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lwheelr
  • lwheelr
15 years 9 months ago #82604 by lwheelr
Replied by lwheelr on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Seems that the ability to track some kind of invites would also be valuable. THAT is something I'd like to reward site users for. :)

Holler if you need someone to test this. I'm running JAwards on one of my sites and would dearly love to automate that rather time consuming process. I'm also experienced at reporting bugs and isolating whether they originate with the new software or not.

Laura

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #82809 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
ComposerRyan wrote:

It seems that everything after $fbposts5id does not work.

Does it only support 5 auto awards for fireboard?

How come $fbposts6id, 7, 8, and so on are not working.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS!

Ryan

Yes it only supports 5 different awards. Adding more to the config file will do nothing.

lwheelr wrote:

Seems that the ability to track some kind of invites would also be valuable. THAT is something I'd like to reward site users for. :)

Holler if you need someone to test this. I'm running JAwards on one of my sites and would dearly love to automate that rather time consuming process. I'm also experienced at reporting bugs and isolating whether they originate with the new software or not.

Laura

Invite awarding can be added, but which invite system to user. There's tons of them, lol.

Also folks all my plugins will be getting a full upgrade using 1.2 Stable API (when released). However, some of them will be moving to a commercial model (they're beginning to consume more time then I have and must compensate for that). However all previous version will and always will remain free and open source. I will be creating a new website to handle these new plugins (and will host the open source versions as well).

The AutoAwards plugin will be gaining a full backend to add as many award triggers as you want as well as individual settings for each trigger. If you need 100 awards for fireboad, you'll be able to do it. I do not have a time frame for this yet, but I'll just leave ya with sometime in the near future lol. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 9 months ago #82854 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

Yes it only supports 5 different awards. Adding more to the config file will do nothing.

Oh, okay. I didn't realize that. I know you have worked hard on this plugin and I appreciate it.

But I have to admit that it is very disappointing to be limited to only 5 awards for each category, especially the forums. :( Is there anyway you could add up to 10 or even 20 auto awards per category? Or have this as a setting?

Why did you limit it to only 5 by the way? Was it because creating more than 5 would use up to much queries or something to that extent?

Thanks again for answering our questions and supporting this plugin of yours!

Also, are you planning on having a website for this plugin? And are you and the Jawards developer getting together to merge these two ideas?

Ryan

• Andrejaz
  • Andrejaz
15 years 9 months ago #82856 by Andrejaz
Replied by Andrejaz on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

Also folks all my plugins will be getting a full upgrade using 1.2 Stable API (when released). However, some of them will be moving to a commercial model (they're beginning to consume more time then I have and must compensate for that). However all previous version will and always will remain free and open source. I will be creating a new website to handle these new plugins (and will host the open source versions as well).

The AutoAwards plugin will be gaining a full backend to add as many award triggers as you want as well as individual settings for each trigger. If you need 100 awards for fireboad, you'll be able to do it. I do not have a time frame for this yet, but I'll just leave ya with sometime in the near future lol. ;)

WoW! That's really awesome news!I hope to see some more great features. You also should make autoawards work with more components like - Jomcomment, or make it possible for users to easily create new awarding rules :)

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #82879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Andrejaz wrote:

WoW! That's really awesome news!I hope to see some more great features. You also should make autoawards work with more components like - Jomcomment, or make it possible for users to easily create new awarding rules :)

Integration is built in at this point, but the possibility to add new integration from other users is being considered. There will be loads of new features in the new version, but as explained it will not be of free open source model unfortunately as it has become very time consuming to maintain and develop it on my own and hope this won't deterrent users away from continuing to use the plugins I've developed.

@ComposerRyan
The more options there is then the more INSERT queries there will be. However a new method is being developed to merge these queries down significantly for future releases, which will allow you to add as many awards as you want.

I am not currently working with the jAwards developer and this plugin will likely become stand alone (having it's own award/medal interface). It is called a component plugin. Full cross platformed as well by using pure CB functions.

Yes I will have a website launched after my first paid plugin is completed.

What's happening now:
Right now I have this plugin scheduled as priority 3. I am currently developing a new profile customization plugin, which is priority 2.

Many of you might be very excited about this, but priority 1 is an Instant Messenger. It will allow your users to instant message one another. (This is different then Private Message.. think of Yahoo or MSN)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon