Installing Gallery 2 (Gallery2)

18 years 3 weeks ago #9621 by ericwaters
Installing Gallery 2 (Gallery2) was created by ericwaters
Hi Joomlapolitans,

I'm having a bit of a hard time setting up Gallery2 version 2.1. Here's what I've done so far:

1) I have FTP'd all the files to my host server
2) I have completed the installation process of Gallery2 on my host server (including setting up the MySQL db, etc)
3) In the admin panel of Joomla, I have installed the component com_gallery2_v2.0.13-beta2.zip
4) In the admin panel of Joomla, under Components > Community Builder > Plugin Management, I installed the plugin CB_plugin_gallery2.zip (in order to create a tab in the user's home to display his or her photos).

Then, when I go to my site and login as a user and go to the user's home I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/o/r/g/MyDomainName/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_g2bridge/g2bridge.php on line 160

This is one of my specific problems. I think it must have something to do with my configuration. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My final goal is to have a site where users can have their own photo albums, and where other users can browse albums and users, similar to MySpace. On a macro level, I don't really understand where Gallery2, the component for Gallery, and "Gallery Bridge" all fit in to the process. What do they each do? What am I missing?

Again, I would be very thankful if anyone could shed any light on these questions. Thanks!

-Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9636 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Installing Gallery 2 (Gallery2)
I've got it working great on my site but with the stable version and not the beta... Perhaps check your gallery files with the upgrade function to see if they are intact. Perhaps reupload. One other thing is that I have problems with gallery2 if search engine friendly URLS is selected in g2.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

18 years 3 weeks ago #9651 by ericwaters
Replied by ericwaters on topic Re:Installing Gallery 2 (Gallery2)
Hi Mediaguru,

Thanks for your post. Your golf site is great -- I'm totally trying to do the same thing. I have a few follow ups to my original post:

1) "Perhaps check your gallery files with the upgrade function to see if they are intact." Where do I access the upgrade function? Is is in the Joomla admin panel, Component > Gallery2 > Config?

2) One other thing is that I have problems with gallery2 if search engine friendly URLS is selected in g2. Again, where do I adjust the setting for the search engine friendly URLs?

3) Question: In the Joomla Admin Panel > Components > Gallery2 > Config, there are the configuration settings. Under the first tab, the fourth line says:

embedUri: [box to enter info] This is generated and can be adjusted. If it is wrong adjust the settings for \"Path to Joomla\" and \"Relative Path to Gallery2\".

I don't understand what I should enter in this box -- what is the correct information, or, what exactly are they looking for?

4) Finally, based on my first post, do you think I've done everything I have to in order to have it working? I.e., have I installed all the necessary plugins/components, etc., and have I created all the menu items I need?

Thanks again for your reply and all the other useful posts you've made in this forum.

-Eric

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn