Phone Number Field problems

13 years 9 months ago #137342 by bulcanan
Phone Number Field problems was created by bulcanan
I know there is post on adding a phone number field on CB Fields. But some how somebody just closed off the forum thread.I did do the recommended steps here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,125932/catid,77/ the (?b[0-9]{3})?[-. ]?[0-9]{3}[-. ]?[0-9]{4}b still complains. I thought of the possible problem and a number of possible scenario and it just doesn't work. What I am I missing here? Could CBSubs be a conflict?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137355 by bulcanan
bulcanan wrote:

I know there is post on adding a phone number field on CB Fields. But some how it doesn't work for me as I did the recommended steps here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,125932/catid,77/ the (?b[0-9]{3})?[-. ]?[0-9]{3}[-. ]?[0-9]{4}b still complains. I thought of the possible problem and a number of possible scenario and it just doesn't work. What I am I missing here? Could CBSubs be a conflict?

++++++++++++just to give an update++++++++++++++++

Now I get this error Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '?' in/********/********/*******/*****/******/******/****/****/****/cb.core.php on line 74

line 74 to 83 looks like below

}

$validated = preg_match( $pregExp, $Value );
if ( ! $validated ) {
$pregExpError = $field->params->get( 'pregexperror', CBTxt::T('Not a valid input') );
$this->_setValidationError( $field, $user, $reason, $pregExpError );
}
}
}
return $validated;
}

13 years 9 months ago #137455 by krileon
Your regex isn't correct on one of your fields. Please review the following site for information on regex usage.

www.regular-expressions.info/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn