1.1 to 1.2.3 with Joomla 1.0.13 to 1.5.18 update

13 years 9 months ago #137367 by JeffNielson
So, I finally am updating my site. I migrated my Joomla 1.0.13 database successfully and it seemed to install correctly when I installed Joomla 1.5.18. The users are there at least. I assumed that the migrater would bring over the CB tables, but I guess I don't know how to check.

I followed the upgrade instruction that are in the readme that came with CB 1.2.3. It installed without errors telling me that it updated a bunch of tables. Then, I updated all the values that were in the configuration manager so they are the same as where in 1.1. However: tab, field, and list management don't seem to have any of the old values.

So, I really want the old data from my CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.0.13 to migrate to my existing CB 1.2.3 and Jommla 1.5.18 setup. Yes, both are running currently.

Note, I did not yet do steps 2,3,4 since it looks like it should work before those get installed and I don't want to mess it up more.

2) Install new CB Login module (mod_cblogin.zip package)
from your CB 1.2.3 distribution package.
3) Install new CB Workflow module (mod_comprofilerModerator.zip package)
from your CB 1.2.3 distibution package.
4) Install new CB Online module (mod_comprofilerOnline.zip package)
from your CB 1.2.3 distribution package

Any help would be appreciated.
Jeff

Post edited by: JeffNielson, at: 2010/07/09 10:24

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137442 by krileon
We do not assist with migrations. There is a tool called CB Juice which should help with the migration of your users from 1 CB installation to another.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137621 by JeffNielson
Replied by JeffNielson on topic Re:1.1 to 1.2.3 with Joomla 1.0.13 to 1.5.18 update
Well, I appreciate your reply. Both CBJuice and mtw migrator have column name match errors, which are noted as known issues on both support sites.

So, I'm stuck with no place to turn...

13 years 9 months ago #137630 by nant
JeffNielson wrote:

So, I really want the old data from my CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.0.13 to migrate to my existing CB 1.2.3 and Jommla 1.5.18 setup. Yes, both are running currently.

You can upgrade CB 1.1 to CB 1.2.3 on your Joomla 1.0 site and make sure everything works there.

Then attempt the Joomla 1.0 to 1.5 migration.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn