How CB traps who is logged in

13 years 9 months ago #137468 by redwolf1988
How CB traps who is logged in was created by redwolf1988
Hi Mods and people out there.

I have searched the forums for days regarding this but to no avail.

I just want to know how CB gets the logged in account. Is it through cookies or session? I need a custom module which can change a custom field in the profile of the account. I have tried copying the codes used in the update profile but it says I cannot change the profile. Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137516 by redwolf1988
Replied by redwolf1988 on topic Re:How CB traps who is logged in
Any reply for this one?

Please help..:unsure:

13 years 9 months ago #137589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How CB traps who is logged in
CB uses its authentication library at administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.authentication.php and its own API to handle logins and registration. What you're wanting to do won't require a custom module. All you need is a CB plugin that utilizes the trigger onAfterLogin. Please see tutorials within my signature for further information on trigger usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137655 by redwolf1988
Replied by redwolf1988 on topic Re:How CB traps who is logged in
Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what you mean and quite not sure how to do it. I was asked for a custom module to do updates with the profile.

Example:

I added a "color preference" field in the profile and when the user logs in, he should be able to update his color preference without going to edit -> update your profile. A module should be seen with the option to edit that field.

Any help would be much appreciated.

13 years 9 months ago #137697 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How CB traps who is logged in
In that case you need to develop a module that contains a form and submits to the database. Using Ajax is also possible, but more complex. I recommend you contact a contract developer if you do not know how to accomplish this your self. CB does not offer profile updating outside of the profile edit page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn