[#1853] Users cannot edit their profiles

13 years 9 months ago #137710 by cspgsl
When a user logs in to their profile they can see but cannot edit their profile details. The following warning appears at the top of the page

WARNING: This is not your profile. As a moderator, you are editing the profile of user: Unnamed user.

This is desperate for me as my users must be able to update their profiles on a regular basis

Thanks

Post edited by: cspgsl, at: 2010/07/14 02:25

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/16 20:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
This is unrelated to CBSubs, please ensure you're using CB 1.2.3. The user appears to be a Moderator then are viewing a user other then themselves profile and clicking "edit users profile". They need to view their profile before clicking such a link or click the link to edit their profile. Thread moved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137823 by cspgsl
Replied by cspgsl on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
Thanks krileon, updating fixed the profile issue however now when I open the User Management page in the backend I get a page that looks like the attached image. There are 6 "Upload Your Firm's Logo:" sections before getting to the user listing at the bottom of the page.

Any thoughts on this?

Post edited by: cspgsl, at: 2010/07/15 13:30
Attachments:

13 years 9 months ago #137873 by krileon
Please PM Joomla backend login credentials or provide a larger image as am not capable of seeing what's happening, but it seams like CB was altered by something as your sort fields are not displaying properly. Once is displaying as a multi-select drop-down, which isn't correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137977 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and was due to you setting your image fields to have a size of 60. I have reverted this to the default 0 and has resolved your issue. For the time being I do not recommend setting the site. I've created a bug ticket for the issue to be addressed in next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 9 months ago #138021 by cspgsl
Replied by cspgsl on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles

Have reviewed your installation and was due to you setting your image fields to have a size of 60. I have reverted this to the default 0 and has resolved your issue.

I have the other image upload field settings at 60 and I have a parallel website with the same image settings and it is fine. You can log in to www.client.bookkeeperswebdesign.ca and see what I mean - use the same UN & PW

For the time being I do not recommend setting the site.

What do you mean by this statement?

Thanks Kyle

Post edited by: cspgsl, at: 2010/07/17 02:39

Post edited by: cspgsl, at: 2010/07/17 12:52

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.881 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn