[#1855] mass mail suggestions

13 years 9 months ago #137736 by Camino
[#1855] mass mail suggestions was created by Camino
Regarding the mass mail feature I have questions and suggestions:

* Are Emails send out via SMTP?
* Is it possibile to integrate a reply-to address which varies from the sending address?
* Cron job might be useful when sending out many emails

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/16 21:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137760 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:mass mail question

Are Emails send out via SMTP?

Sure, if you've configured your CMS to send via SMTP.

Is it possibile to integrate a reply-to address which varies from the sending address?

No, the email address you've specified within your CMS configuration will be used.

Cron job might be useful when sending out many emails

Sorry, as far as I am aware there is no cron support. This is something possibly for the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137809 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Re:mass mail question
yes, therefore I made the suggestion with the cron job. Especially for sending out larger amounts of emails it would be helpful to be as powerful as e.g. acajoom.

13 years 9 months ago #137876 by krileon
Camino wrote:

yes, therefore I made the suggestion with the cron job. Especially for sending out larger amounts of emails it would be helpful to be as powerful as e.g. acajoom.

We've further plans to extend its functionality, but for the time being is rather functional and powerful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137940 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Re:mass mail question
To extend my wish list, here are the features that would be nice:

* Availability in front end for special user groups (e.g. author and above)
* varying reply-to address from sender address
* sending via cron job
* possibility so schedule the time when sending it out
* statistics for html mails about who read the email

13 years 9 months ago #138004 by krileon
I've added a feature ticket to keep track of all mass mailer suggestions, if any other users have further suggestions please post them here.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn