Registration prevented by session timeout issue

13 years 9 months ago #137973 by renpirate
I just upgraded to CB 1.2.3 and now when a new user tries to register a popup says that the session has timed out and to enable cookies. I was testing my registration proccess to stream line it, so it was working before the upgrade, but not after.

I have searched the web and this forum, but not found anything really useful. Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137979 by krileon
Does this happen with all registration attempts? Have you followed the debug procedures within Help Us Help You of my signature? It's likely there is some sort of 3rd party conflict. Please search as it is possible to disable the low level security check if necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138014 by renpirate
I have done most of them, but before I go through the process of disabling one by one I am curious. Everything was working fine before I upgraded to CB 1.2.3. I had just tested a user registration before doing so. The only thing that changed was the upgrade and then the session time out problem started ad has dones so consistantly with every attempt. Has this happened at all before?

btw, I really appreciate your help.

None of the above resolve your issue? (the following are general fixes)
1. Is CB login module published and joomlas unpublished? X
2. Is CB registration independent of joomlas? X
3. Is your webhost using the latest PHP5? X
4. Is CB and Joomla up to date? X
5. Is your CB default template enabled in plugin management? X
6. Does using default joomla template resolve your issue? NO
7. Have you disabled CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved work? X
8. Have you disabled Joomla modules 1 by 1 until resolved work?
9. Have you disabled Joomla plugins 1 by 1 until resolved work?
10. Have you ran all CB tools? (should be all green) X
11. Does a fresh Joomla and CB install work? (in subfolder without replacing current site) You mean starting from scatch?
12. Is your webhost PHP memory limit set high enough? (memory_limit) X
13. Is your webhost PHP timeout limit set high enough? (max_execution_time) X
14. Have you checked permissions from joomla backend? (should be all green) X
15. Have you unziped and repacked com_comprofiler.zip before installing? X
16. Have you disabled and purged Joomla cache? X
17. Have you disabled and purged Browser cache? X
18. Have you disabled and purged host cache? X
19. Have you disabled sef? X

13 years 9 months ago #138030 by renpirate
I solved my problem by doing a full backup restore to right before I did the upgrade to CB 1.2.3. It is back to working fine. You are probably righ that it was a conflict with another mod, but I am going to wait to see if this happens to anyone else before trying another upgrade.

Regardless, thank you for all your hard work in sharing this great software with the internet community.

13 years 9 months ago #138167 by krileon
Please ensure when upgrading you also upgrade all the modules as well. We can not guarantee compatibility with every 3rd party extension out there. New releases could conflict with 3rd party extensions, especially if they alter Headers or Sessions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn