[SOLVED] cbLogin - Lost Password

13 years 9 months ago #138060 by kross76
[SOLVED] cbLogin - Lost Password was created by kross76
Upon testing the new CB release, I noticed that the lost password process has been changed (much improved). We use email address as the unique login id. In prior versions, you were required to enter your user name and email address in order to reset your password. This was a non-starter for us since our users basically don't know their user name. In this version, the process has been dramatically simplified and improved. Just enter your email address. CB sends an email with a new password.

This is a huge help to us, and my impression is that it will be huge to many CB users. I did not find this "feature" in the documentation, so I wanted to post it here.

Thanks to the entire CB development team, and a special thank to whoever implemented this improvement.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/19 16:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138065 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cbLogin - Lost Password
kross76 wrote:

Upon testing the new CB release, I noticed that the lost password process has been changed (much improved). We use email address as the unique login id. In prior versions, you were required to enter your user name and email address in order to reset your password. This was a non-starter for us since our users basically don't know their user name. In this version, the process has been dramatically simplified and improved. Just enter your email address. CB sends an email with a new password.

This is a huge help to us, and my impression is that it will be huge to many CB users. I did not find this "feature" in the documentation, so I wanted to post it here.

Thanks to the entire CB development team, and a special thank to whoever implemented this improvement.

Thank you for your nice comments.

I believe this specific feature has been in CB for sometime now (since version 1.2 for sure), this is why its not reported as a new feature in CB 1.2.2.

13 years 9 months ago #138087 by kross76
Replied by kross76 on topic Re:cbLogin - Lost Password
Somehow I missed this in 1.2.2 as it is a critical feature for us. I thought I had researched it thoroughly. Anyway, I'm happy it seems to be working for me in 1.2.3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn