Duplicate registration fields (cb_city or city)

13 years 9 months ago #138135 by Alaskan
Hi,
For some reason I now have duplicate fields showing up in the Registration process, with the Cb_... version and the regular version. These fields show up in the field management. I need to know which ones I should leave and which are OK to disable. I also don't recall having both enabled before. I did recently update Joomla via GoDaddy's My Applications update but I wouldn't think that update would cause this issue. Basically, I have two sets of fields, the cb_... version and the default registration info version. Both are enabled for being on the Registration and the Profile.

cb_city
city

cb_website
website

cb_zipcode
zipcode

cb_state
state

and so on!

These fields (some of them) also show in the user profiles, under different tabs.

I don't want to mess the CB and CBSubs and Joomla integration up by disabling the wrong ones so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138215 by krileon
Any field appended with cb_ was created within Field Management by a user. Any field generally without cb_ was created by a plugin installed via Plugin Management. All I can advise is make a backup of your database and remove whatever fields you feel do not belong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138276 by Alaskan
krileon wrote:

Any field appended with cb_ was created within Field Management by a user. Any field generally without cb_ was created by a plugin installed via Plugin Management. All I can advise is make a backup of your database and remove whatever fields you feel do not belong.

Thanks. Is there a way to tell the date the field was created?

I am still wondering why now I have the duplicate set when before I did not. Could it have been the upgrade to CB that I installed?

Thanks again.

13 years 9 months ago #138297 by krileon

Thanks. Is there a way to tell the date the field was created?

No.

I am still wondering why now I have the duplicate set when before I did not.

No idea, could probably happen with a server side upgrade to your database or maybe even a plugin caused it.

Could it have been the upgrade to CB that I installed?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn