[SOLVED] How to upgrade?

13 years 9 months ago #138704 by xbumble
[SOLVED] How to upgrade? was created by xbumble
Hi there - paid subscription member here.

Hope you can help me. I am using Joomla 1.5.15 and had CB 1.2.1 running.

Looking through instructions on this site as to how to upgrade it simply said to download the new version and then go through the usual upgrade where it will upgrade over the top.

However for me this did not work. The modules installed OK but the com kept asking me to create files for it.

Example error message on install attempt of 1.2.1 to 1.2.3
[code:1]JFolder: Could not create directory
JInstaller: Failed to create directory "/var/www/vhosts/whitbykustom.co.uk/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/[/code:1]

Trying to install via an FTP to the TMP folder in Joomla gave me this error:

[code:1]Can't find XML set up file in the package. Path does not have a valid package[/code:1]

I manually set up the folders and files in the end in an attempt to get it working as it had brought down my whole site. Joomla told me it was installed after I then ran an install, but no CB com is visible from the component menu.

I have removed all of that and now I have a site with all the modules of 1.2.3 installed, but no component and not way of know where to find the remaining files and folders I need to remove so I can retry the install process for the component.

If anyone can help me I would be really grateful as the site is live.

What should have been a simple upgrade has turned into a nightmare so I would be very grateful.

Cheers!

Post edited by: xbumble, at: 2010/07/26 19:01

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/27 21:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146441 by tsoll
Replied by tsoll on topic Re:[SOLVED] How to upgrade?
did you ever get this solved? I just ran into the same problem. went to upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 and it has taken my entire site down.

Error: JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected

I followed the directions to upgrade...now what?!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn