Problem with Frontend Profile image uplaod ...

13 years 7 months ago #143359 by kindernet
This is my first post, and I wished I wouldn't need to write one as I hoped, going through numerous others' posts in this forum, I'd be able to find the answer to my and many other users' problem of not being able to edit or upload Profile Image in the frontend and not having the "Please select a file before uploading" message.

So my direct question is:

Can any of the experts at Joomlapolis provide a clear and final solution to this problem?
Because I've searched all through the entire forum and noticed that this issue has been written of since 2 years ago and no clear solution has ever been brought up to solve the issue.

Another issue is Imagemagick or NetPBM not installed or not being detected.

These are frustrating and annoying issues and I hope someone is able to post a clear solution once and for all.

Thank you in advance for listen to my cry !

Kindernet.

Post edited by: kindernet, at: 2010/10/04 10:55

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #143365 by nant
kindernet wrote:

This is my first post, and I wished I wouldn't need to write one as I hoped, going through numerous others' posts in this forum, I'd be able to find the answer to my and many other users' problem of not being able to edit or upload Profile Image in the frontend and not having the "Please select a file before uploading" message.

Welcome to our forums - thanks for taking the time to post. I will try to help.

So my direct question is:

Can any of the experts at Joomlapolis provide a clear and final solution to this problem?
Because I've searched all through the entire forum and noticed that this issue has been written of since 2 years ago and no clear solution has ever been brought up to solve the issue.

Nope - I cannot provide a clear and final solution to a problem that is not clear.

I can say that on all my test sites and all the test sites of our testing team, there is no such issue with Joomla 1.5.20 and CB 1.2.3.

I cannot comment about your environment because you have not given any information about it.

This is the main reason we have written our Help Us Help You article (see signature for link).

Another issue is Imagemagick or NetPBM not installed or not being detected.

What hosting environment are you using?
This is most likely related with your specific installation.

These are frustrating and annoying issues and I hope someone is able to post a clear solution once and for all.

Thank you in advance for listen to my cry !

Kindernet.

Yes I understand your frustration - I hope you understand mine - you need to provide much more information about your environment for people to help you.

Once again - all my test sites work just fine.

13 years 7 months ago #143425 by kindernet
Hey Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.15.
CB 1.2.3
My ISP is One.com.
PHP 5.

CB is working fine besides the profile image uploading issue and Imagemagick not being detected.

I've never had any problem uploading profile images on Kunema Forum, therefore I don't think the problem is with my Hosting company.

For instance I downloaded netPBM and manually FTPed it in /images/comprofiler, but CB can't detect it.

What is the right way to install Imagemagick or netPBM on a joomla site?

I have CB 1.2.3 installed in two difference sites and none would allow me or my users to upload profile images through the frontend. It works fine in the backend.

Is there any specific information about my site you'd wish to have for you to provide a better guidance on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

13 years 7 months ago #143429 by nant
PM (private message) me backend access and i will take a look when i have time.

13 years 7 months ago #143558 by kindernet
I have run this issue back and forth with nant but unfortunately no solution is found yet.
Neither I nor my users are able to upload profile images from the frontend and the following message appears each time "Please select a file before uploading"

Is there anyone else out there who's tried this and got to solve the issue?

Thanks.

13 years 7 months ago #143562 by nant
kindernet wrote:

I have run this issue back and forth with nant but unfortunately no solution is found yet.
Neither I nor my users are able to upload profile images from the frontend and the following message appears each time "Please select a file before uploading"

Is there anyone else out there who's tried this and got to solve the issue?

Thanks.

I uploaded just fine using the account you created for me on your site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn