Problem with Frontend Profile image uplaod ...

13 years 7 months ago #143580 by kindernet
It's strange that you could.
Something else must be wrong then, because I cannot upload profile photos from the frontend on either one of my sites in which I have installed CB 1.2.3.
I still can't figure out what it is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #143595 by krileon
kindernet wrote:

It's strange that you could.
Something else must be wrong then, because I cannot upload profile photos from the frontend on either one of my sites in which I have installed CB 1.2.3.
I still can't figure out what it is.

Not sure what more we can advise, we've tested your environment and is working fine for us. Perhaps you're using a very date browser or are not properly specifying a file to be uploaded. The message displayed is saying you did not specify a file (click Browse) and the field is required, so it errored.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #146162 by keena
I am having the same problem. I check PHP information and it is correct according to your other post. I am on a host system using Linux and Apache. I am using PHP 5.2.14. I do not get an error message. It give me the message "Your settings have been saved" but I don't see the picture I choose. I check the /tmp directory and there is nothing there. The permissions to the directory is 775. By the way my Debugger is on.

The image I selected does show up in Agora. ???

Ok, more confusion. When I look at the profile in the back end, I see the default image and the one I upload next to each other. But when I click on it in front or back end, only the default picture show up.

Ok, for anyone who may have this problem, I think I figured it out. You have to approve the picture in the back end for it to show up in the front end.

I don't know what is going on. Can you please help.

Post edited by: keena, at: 2010/11/13 02:08

Post edited by: keena, at: 2010/11/13 02:13

Post edited by: keena, at: 2010/11/13 02:16

13 years 5 months ago #146270 by krileon

Ok, for anyone who may have this problem, I think I figured it out. You have to approve the picture in the back end for it to show up in the front end.

You have image approval enabled. Please see CB configuration on the Moderation tab. Disabling image approval will allow image upload results to be instantaneous.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: benk21

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn