[SOLVED] Issue Editing My Profile

13 years 6 months ago #145676 by pedigopa
[SOLVED] Issue Editing My Profile was created by pedigopa
I am a complete newbie to CB and I am volunteering with an organization that has added CB to their site and needs help with it. I am familiar with Joomla and so I have been given the task. I have setup the basic menu links for View Profile and Edit Profile. The problem i am having is when ever I try to Edit my profile, I get this message:

"You cannot edit a `Registered`. Only higher-level users have this power."

If I log in as a higher lever user and try to edit my profile, I get this message:

"WARNING: This is not your profile. As a moderator, you are editing the profile of user: Unnamed user."

Can someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong or where to start? I am not the person who installed CB on this site initially, so I'm not sure what configurations were changed from the default.

Much thanks for any directions,

Andrew

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/17 17:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #145742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Issue Editing My Profile
Please see help us help you within my signature. You've provided no relevant information to your installation such as PHP version, Joomla version, etc... Seams like you've an ACL problem. If you're using custom ACL extensions then remove them as we don't support them and nor does CB. Ensure you've ran CB Tools to ensure your database is synchronized properly and that no integrations have any database errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #145807 by pedigopa
Replied by pedigopa on topic Re:Issue Editing My Profile
I'm sorry for the lack of info.

The site's hosting is on a Linux system running:
PHP 5.x (GoDaddy - that's the most info they will provide about the PHP version)
MySQL 5.0
Joomla 1.5.17
CB 1.2.3

I have run all of the database tools within CB and they all come back clean.

AcyMailer is installed, but I have disabled it completely and all of it's plug-ins, but I am still getting this error when I try to edit my profile:

If I change the users administrator level to Registered, I then receive this error: "You cannot edit a `Registered`. Only higher-level users have this power."

Would a complete uninstall/reinstall of CB resolve these issues? Again, please forgive me, I am completely new to CB.

Thanks for the help.

Post edited by: pedigopa, at: 2010/11/09 15:03

Post edited by: pedigopa, at: 2010/11/09 15:04

Post edited by: pedigopa, at: 2010/11/09 15:04
Attachments:

13 years 6 months ago #145836 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Issue Editing My Profile

PHP 5.x (GoDaddy - that's the most info they will provide about the PHP version)

This isn't good enough. There's 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and many more sub releases of those. Please provide EXACT release. I recommend at minimum PHP 5.2, there are known problems with PHP 5.1.

Joomla 1.5.17

Latest release is Joomla 1.5.22, please upgrade.

Would a complete uninstall/reinstall of CB resolve these issues? Again, please forgive me, I am completely new to CB.

I recommend re-installing CB on-top of it self (just install via Joomla extension manager and it'll auto-upgrade). This should help eliminate any core edits if any.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146432 by pedigopa
Replied by pedigopa on topic Re:Issue Editing My Profile
krileon wrote:

This isn't good enough. There's 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and many more sub releases of those. Please provide EXACT release. I recommend at minimum PHP 5.2, there are known problems with PHP 5.1.

Joomla 1.5.17

Latest release is Joomla 1.5.22, please upgrade.

I recommend re-installing CB on-top of it self (just install via Joomla extension manager and it'll auto-upgrade). This should help eliminate any core edits if any.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found out that the server is running PHP 5.2.4 and was able to upgrade the Joomla! installation. I re-installed CB as you suggested and it appears that everything is working!

Thank you,
Andrew

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn