Lost Password/Lost Username not working

13 years 6 months ago #146104 by metpghcamp
Lost Password/Lost Username not working was created by metpghcamp
Have upgraded to CB 1.2.3 and Lost Password / Lost Username function is not working.

Process:
1. Click "Forgot login?" from CB Login box.
2. Displays "Reminder needed for: _ Lost Username _Lost Password" prompt.
3. Check "Lost Username" and enter e-mail address, then click "Send Username"
4. Site redirects to home page with no confirmation and no email sent.

See: pittsburgh.goarch.org/component/comprofiler/lostpassword (try any email address to see redirect)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #146140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Lost Password/Lost Username not working
It would seam you have a .html file in your Joomla root; perhaps as a splash page? Please remove the .html, there should only be an index.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #146179 by metpghcamp
Replied by metpghcamp on topic Re:Lost Password/Lost Username not working
Thanks for that. Problem solved!

Now, I would like to see if it's possible to maintain both the "\index.html" and "\index.php" files in the site root and still have this work.

Here's why. This site installed Joomla in order to run an event registration application. The rest of the site is a Dreamweaver HTML site. Because the intent was to eventually convert the entire site to Joomla, it was installed at the site root.

Access to both sites from the same root was made possible by using "\index.html" for the HTML site and "\index.php" for the Joomla site. The server is set to use the "\index.html" file for all root domain calls.

So, the question is this: Since it seems the lost password process makes a call back to the site root at the end, and since that is calling the "\index.html" file instead of the "\index.php" file, is there a way to change the code for the call to go back to the "\index.php" file?

13 years 5 months ago #146265 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Lost Password/Lost Username not working

Now, I would like to see if it's possible to maintain both the "index.html" and "index.php" files in the site root and still have this work.

No, this isn't how Joomla works. If you need a splash page then please review splash extensions from Joomla.org. A .html will always have precedence over .php.

So, the question is this: Since it seems the lost password process makes a call back to the site root at the end, and since that is calling the "index.html" file instead of the "index.php" file, is there a way to change the code for the call to go back to the "index.php" file?

MANY extensions even certain aspects of Joomla call/post directly to root.. so those too will fail. It's possible to make numerous core edits, but we don't support those so I can not help you with that; please see comprofiler.html.php for CBs frontend HTML rendering.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn