[SOLVED] IE 7 error

13 years 6 months ago #146203 by Mandarb
[SOLVED] IE 7 error was created by Mandarb
Hi

I built a site, and am using CB for profile manager and forum integration with Kunena.
I use Great Joomla's Slider captcha, which seems to be conflicting with the curvy corner's script.
It's only happening in IE 7 and IE compatibility mode.
The error is

curvyObject warning:
Converting inline element to inline-block
tag: A
class: ui-slider-handle ui-state-default ui-corner-all curvyIgnore
Parent tag: DIV
Parent class: autoPadDiv

Can you tell me if there's a way to disable the curvy corners script, but only in IE?
I know of the method of disabling stuff in IE by using conditional comments, but I know very little of how php works, so don't know where I would put the script in.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The error occurs here: bmwmcc-central.org.za/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/17 16:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IE 7 error
Your captcha extension is not compatible with IE7. Curve supports IE7 and even IE6 usage. The error is showing as curve, because JS failed before curve usage thus erroring it out. Does disabling your captcha extension resolve the issue?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146457 by Mandarb
Replied by Mandarb on topic Re:IE 7 error
Yes it does. Sorry, should have followed the train of thought myself.

Thank you for the response.

13 years 5 months ago #146485 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IE 7 error
Mandarb wrote:

Yes it does. Sorry, should have followed the train of thought myself.

Thank you for the response.

In this case I recommend contacting the developers of your Captcha extension and have them test and fix their JS usage for IE7 as IE7 is still widely used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn