[SOLVED] profile Privacy

13 years 5 months ago #146221 by bickf23
[SOLVED] profile Privacy was created by bickf23
so I was just finishing up the profile layout on my website, when I realized: keeping profiles private is very important to some people and I seem to have overlooked this completely.

I did my research but I found very little on this topic. HOW DO I let users make their profiles (personal info) only visible to their connections? I find it hard to believe that there would be no option like that.

If there isn't then what's even the point of having connections, right?

hope somebody can tell me what I missed here because I really can't find out how to do it.

thanks a lot people.

Post edited by: bickf23, at: 2010/11/15 19:12

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/18 17:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146292 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:profile Privacy
Users can protect fields or tabs based on your configuration via privacy controls using documentation subscriber CB Privacy plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146567 by bickf23
Replied by bickf23 on topic Re:profile Privacy
thanks for the info. I noticed you help a lot of people on this forum, but you are not directly affiliated with Joomlapolis are you?

Great to see people giving back to the community.

13 years 5 months ago #146612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:profile Privacy

I noticed you help a lot of people on this forum, but you are not directly affiliated with Joomlapolis are you?

I'm actually on the development and support team. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn