[SOLVED] Relocate the CB/Joomlapolis link from the CB Menu

13 years 6 months ago #146223 by coilevi
Hi,

if it's possible (if I'm allowed to) I would replace the CB/Joomlapolis link from the profiles to the site's footer. I know that there is a way, a subscription that allows users to remove that, but I don't want to remove, but relocate. My idea is that I would delete the code that inserts this menu item there (I have found that snippet). Instead of that place I would put the link in my homepage's footer, so the "ad" of CB/Joomlapolis would be always available on my site. (Not only if I go to a profile.) It doesn't matter if that link in my footer links directly to Joomlapolis's site, or an article that contains everything that originally displayed by the original CB menu item.

Is it a legal way? (The link would be always the beside's Joomla's link and the used template's origin's link, so maybe it's a better way to link your site.)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/16 16:22

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #146294 by krileon
The menu link is to remain untouched without a documentation subscription. Moving it does not constitute as still having it as that would permit users to easily move it out of view (such as footer of site). Once a subscription is active you can review the documentation concerning CBs Menu for removing the link; otherwise it must remain as is, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #146318 by theonlybigdog
Replied by theonlybigdog on topic Re:Relocate the CB/Joomlapolis link from the CB Menu
krileon wrote:

The menu link is to remain untouched without a documentation subscription. Moving it does not constitute as still having it as that would permit users to easily move it out of view (such as footer of site). Once a subscription is active you can review the documentation concerning CBs Menu for removing the link; otherwise it must remain as is, sorry.

Where exactly is this found in the cb docs manual?

TheOnlyBigDog

13 years 6 months ago #146321 by krileon

Where exactly is this found in the cb docs manual?

Please see page 85 (review the first Note displayed) of your documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #146337 by theonlybigdog
Replied by theonlybigdog on topic Re:Relocate the CB/Joomlapolis link from the CB Menu
i have the docs open to page 85 but it still doesnt show me the path to take to get where I need to be to remove it.

TheOnlyBigDog

13 years 6 months ago #146338 by theonlybigdog
Forget the last post... I figured it out! Thx.

TheOnlyBigDog

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn