[SOLVED] Security over sub menu options

13 years 5 months ago #146244 by dedett
I have an installation of CB, I would like to secure access to menu options (Tab, Field, List, Plugin management, tools and configuration in the sub menu) to super administration users, so that manager & administrator level back-end users will only have access to user management. Unless there is another option I was planning on inserting a line of code to test the user for they access level (if statement). Can someone please tell me what program / line I should be inserting this test or let me know of other options.

Many thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/16 20:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146307 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Security over sub menu options
CB uses Joomlas access level system to determine access. For instance only Administrators and Super Administrators should be able to use User Management in certain respects. Only way to achieve what you're wanting is to edit the core code which I can't help you with. You'd need to edit the core functions responsible for displaying the various locations and add code to check user access and redirect if they don't pass.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146328 by dedett
Replied by dedett on topic Re:Security over sub menu options
Many thanks for your reply. Is there someone you could past the question to within the CB development team?

13 years 5 months ago #146365 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Security over sub menu options
dedett wrote:

Many thanks for your reply. Is there someone you could past the question to within the CB development team?

I am on the CB development team. We don't support core edits. An example of the location you'll need to check is as follows.

administration/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.user.php

Inside this file you'll see the usage of checkCBpermissions, this checks a users permission against Joomlas. If you want to override this or customize it you're free to do so at your own risk. This would only affect editing a user for example. You'd need to explore all the controller files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146414 by dedett
Replied by dedett on topic Re:Security over sub menu options
Many thanks for you time.

This has helped. In controller.dedault.php there are some case statements. I wraped an if statement around show[option] to allow super admin access or to redirect user to showuser with message.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn