[SOLVED] moscomprofilerFields::store failed row size too la

13 years 5 months ago #146590 by sfraise
I'm trying to add a new field and I'm getting and error stating moscomprofilerField::store failed row size too large.

I have a lot of fields as I'm using a dependent drop down selector on the location fields in order to have a uniform country, state/province, and city to choose from for searching purposes as leaving these as a text field result in variations in spelling and abbreviations that result in poor search results by location. Because of this each state has a dependent set of cities that load, 50 states = 50 city selector fields each containing all of the cities in that state.

I did some searching in the forums but could only find stuff about an unknown column error, nothing about row size too large.

Here's the exact error:
moscomprofilerFields::store failed:
cbsql upgrader::changeColumn (add) of Table #_comprofiler column cb_city failed with sql error: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting blobs, is 6535. You have to change some columns to text or blobs sql=alter table jos_comprofiler"\n add cb_city varchar(255) default null row size too large.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/18 20:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146595 by sfraise
Thanks for the link Nant, I figured that's what I would need to do but thought I better ask first.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn