Registration

13 years 6 months ago #146664 by pqsource
Registration was created by pqsource
Hi there.

I have installed cb and it works well. love it.

But i have a smal problem, as i am not a programmer, but delve in it a little bit.

I have imported 200 users. Al i have is their name and id number and relevant data. I do not have an email address or cell phone number. So letters will be going out to them telling them to register. here lies my problem. If they register i do not want to create a new user but add the email address and cell number to the existing user already loaded, and them email him with his password to log on. then when he logs on again he should enter community builder.

Any help, direction will be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #146665 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Registration
Why did you post in the CBSubs area?
You do not appear to be a CBSubs purchaser so I am assuming you posted in the wrong area so I am moving the thread to CB forum area.

Glad you like CB.

Maybe you can share which version you have installed?
And also which Joomla version?
And please share how you imported these 200 users?

Joomla needs email address - there is no way around this.

Registration process always results in a new user record added to both Joomla and CB.

My opinion is that what you are asking for would need many code changes and it is not currently available as far as I know.

13 years 6 months ago #146666 by pqsource
Replied by pqsource on topic Re:Registration
My appoligies.

Joomla! 1.5.20 Stable [ senu takaa ] 18-July-2010 18:00 GMT .

I imported the users with the component called. CB Juice.

13 years 5 months ago #146776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration
CB can not magically obtain a users email address, nothing can. You'll need to obtain the email addresses of those users and add them to your CB Juice CSV file. Don't see how you could have exported them with CB Juice without their email address unless you manually supplied a CSV file for import. At any rate a user must have a valid email address either by manually adding it to the user after import or by including inside your CSV file. Thread moved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146808 by pqsource
Replied by pqsource on topic Re:Registration
Hi Cyle.

If you have read my question thoroughly you would have understood what i wanted to do.

here is the steps.
1. import users into comunity builder using juice "and yes in can be done for i did it, just create a mock email' and the users are loaded - from csv that i exported after creating 1 user"

2. now i do not have email or mobile for these users, but i do have a social security number, with will be my lookup number.

3. the user will register as if registering for the first time, but in stead of creating a new record, it should do a lookup for the user already created and in stead of inserting a new record, insertig or updating the existing user with the details provided, eg email and mobile.

4. after update it should email the user his username and password.

viola. now i do not have programming knowledge,' and if in knew how to put this action into the script for pressing register i would have'

So i am going the way where my knowledge lies and creating mysql trigger for this action. where i just ad another field called imported with a value of 1, and registered users will have a value of 0. then do a sql script to see where the matching record is, update the registered user with the information provided by the registration, and delete the old record. Easy as pie from the back end, but i would have wanted this to be a frontend feature.

immige added

Post edited by: pqsource, at: 2010/11/22 18:25
Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #146819 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration

So i am going the way where my knowledge lies and creating mysql trigger for this action. where i just ad another field called imported with a value of 1, and registered users will have a value of 0. then do a sql script to see where the matching record is, update the registered user with the information provided by the registration, and delete the old record. Easy as pie from the back end, but i would have wanted this to be a frontend feature.

You can automate this with documentation subscriber incubator project CB Queries. It allows performing database queries at various CB triggers such as after registration. This could perform all your queries, even delete the old user, for you when a user registers. If they don't match a record their new user will remain and you'll have a new user; otherwise it'll match up (depends on how well you've developed the queries).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds