[SOLVED] Can CB do this???

13 years 7 months ago #140848 by dloulis
[SOLVED] Can CB do this??? was created by dloulis
Here is a tricky part we need to integrate to our Joomla site:

When a user logs in, there should be a list of the other registered users, in full details.
Each user (and only he -and the admins of course) should be able to edit and add/update their own details. Details could include a small bio plus other essential stuff (address, ZIP codes etc).

The users should be shown in a list or a table and when someone clicks on someone elses name, full details must be shown.

Can CB do this or something similar?

Thanks!!!

Post edited by: dloulis, at: 2010/08/27 20:44

Post edited by: dloulis, at: 2010/08/27 20:44

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/01 15:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #140938 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can CB do this???
Yes of course, for profile edits that is how it is designed. As for what content display on profile is up to you and the fields you create in Field Management. The list can be handled via Userlist Management and adding a list to meet your needs as well as the fields to display on it. You can edit the CB Login module and set the redirect URL upon login to your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141006 by dloulis
Replied by dloulis on topic Re:Can CB do this???
Hello
Thank you so much for the reply.
I am very pleased that CB can do what i was looking for.

There is another thing, though.

On the standard Joomla login form, i have restricted registration to specific domain only (ie. only people who own an email *@mydomain.com can register for an account). I accomplished this by hacking /media/system/js/validate.js lines 51 to 56 from:
[code:1] this.setHandler('email',
function (value) {
regex=/^[a-zA-Z0-9._-]+@([a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.)+[a-zA-Z0-9.-]{2,4}$/;
return regex.test(value);
}
);[/code:1]
to
[code:1]this.setHandler('email',
function (value) {
regex=/^[a-zA-Z0-9._-]+@([mydomain.-]+\.)+[a-zA-Z0-9.-]{2,4}$/;
return regex.test(value);
}
);[/code:1]

Can i do something similar to CB??

13 years 7 months ago #141029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can CB do this???
Yes, but can be done without hacking. Simply edit the "email" field within Field Management and perform the following changes.

Authorized input: Custom PERL regular expression
Perl Regular Expression:
[code:1]
/^.*@mydomain.com$/
[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/31 17:01

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141073 by dloulis
Replied by dloulis on topic Re:Can CB do this???
You rock!!
Thank you so much!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn