Email Addresses Not Showing In Sticky

13 years 7 months ago #142742 by scharles
Email Addresses Not Showing In Sticky was created by scharles
When I set a tab to display "Button with Sticky overlay" no email addresses on my form will display. I only get the ellipses "..."

If I change the display type the email addresses display properly as they should.

I would like to troubleshoot this issue, but I'm new to PHP and Joomla architecture.

Can someone please tell me where the "Button with Sticky overlay" display javascript is being generated? I will gladly troubleshoot the issue and post a solution.

I have two show-stopping issues that really need the "Button with Sticky overlay" to work properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #142747 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Re:Email Addresses Not Showing In Sticky
Ok. I found the module where this code is generated:

adminstrator\components\com_comprofiler\comprofiler.class.php

The issue is in the function emailCloaking, but I'm not at a machine where I can step through the code. I will attempt to do that at some point. However, for the short term, I have a temporary fix:

1) add a temporary variable and set it to the incoming $mail variable

[code:1]static $steve = null;
$steve = $mail;[/code:1]
2) comment out the $replacement line and add the temporary fix line:

[code:1]//$replacement = '<span id="cbMa' . $spanId . '" class="cbMailRepl">...</span>';

//steve - temporary fix...
$replacement = '<span id="cbMa' . $spanId . '" class="cbMailRepl"><a href="mailto:' . $steve . '">' . $steve . '</span>';[/code:1]
Although this does not cloak the email address from email collector bots, it temporarily fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Steve

13 years 7 months ago #142748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Email Addresses Not Showing In Sticky
Already a known issue, confirmed, and bug report created by your original thread.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,130/id,142559/#142559

You've also posted in the wrong boards. Thread moved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142750 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Re:Email Addresses Not Showing In Sticky
just trying to help.

sorry...

13 years 7 months ago #142761 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Email Addresses Not Showing In Sticky
scharles wrote:

just trying to help.

sorry...

Which is very much appreciated, was merely linking the two threads together and moving a non-CBSubs issue out of CBSubs boards.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn