Empty field not really empty

13 years 6 months ago #144334 by carina
Empty field not really empty was created by carina
This is the configuration:
In the tab "User profile", the field "Show empty fields" is set to no.
The field "Text to show in empty fields" is empty.
Still there is a dash showing up as a substitute for a field the user has left empty.

The fields are nine and it is meant that a user can fill in from none to ten of them and only the ones with content should show.

How do I get rid of the dash? The field "Text to show in empty fields" does not seem to accept html or css coding.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Empty field not really empty
Could not confirm your issue. Please ensure Text to display for empty fields is completely empty OR you've set Show empty fields to No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #144408 by carina
Replied by carina on topic Re:Empty field not really empty
Meaning it shall not both be empty AND set to No?

13 years 6 months ago #144424 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Empty field not really empty
You can set both of them, but won't make a difference. Once 1 is blank or other is No then empty fields won't show.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn