com_comprofiler 2nd step error message

13 years 6 months ago #144705 by bxayasanh
com_comprofiler 2nd step error message was created by bxayasanh
Hi, im brand new at all of this. I am trying to install CB 1.2.3 to my website and I got far enough to get this error message:

Warning: file D:\hosting\6846266\html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz still exists. This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here: please click here to continue next and last installation step.

and when i clicked it, it gave me a 500 internal server error. what can I do to fix this? I made sure to check the directories permission was all writable. I'm just a little confuse about the uncompressing the pluginsfiles.tgz process. so i uncompressed it and rename the file inside to plugin, then do i put add the plugin into com_comprofiler zip folder or into /components/com_comprofiler/? Please help me, i just can't find the answers anywhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144753 by bxayasanh
Replied by bxayasanh on topic Re:com_comprofiler 2nd step error message
ok i fixed the problem by extracting the file and placing it in the directory and deleting the pluginsfiles.tgz. But now I have an issue where I can't see any field at all on the registration page. I wonder if it had anything to do with the way I resolved the this last problem. Or if there's something I missed.

13 years 6 months ago #144780 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:com_comprofiler 2nd step error message
That's not the appropriate way to install CB; it WILL create problems. Please review your file structure to ensure correct permissions are set. Trying using with FTP configured in Joomla or without if already confirmed. Try using install by directory instead of typically install process (by zip file) or vise verse if installed by directory. If issue still persists review your server error log for clues as to what the problem could be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145035 by bxayasanh
Replied by bxayasanh on topic Re:com_comprofiler 2nd step error message
I tried using the FTP configured with and without it already confirmed. I installed and reinstalled it multiple times with those settings. I tried installing it into the directory, but it didnt recognize it as a package or something. And I don't really know how to review the server error log for clues as to what the problem could be. I am about to save up and pay someone else to do it.

13 years 5 months ago #145061 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:com_comprofiler 2nd step error message
I recommend contacting your webhost on how to review server error logs so you can see what is going on. It's very likely there's a permissions (check permissions set for components folder, should be 755 or 777) issue or you're probably on an incorrect PHP release, please ensure you're using PHP 5.2 at the least (contact your host if you don't know).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn