CB Gallery Questions

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #161920 by EJoomlapolis1
CB Gallery Questions was created by EJoomlapolis1
Hi:

CB is great. I have several quick questions:

1.) CB-Gallery- what is the actually purpose of the gallery? Are the pre-loaded pictures just place holders for a gallery one might create?

2.) When I click on the pictures in the gallery, they take me to my profile which includes the gallery below- is that gallery supposed to be a general gallery for everyone's enjoyment or a gallery created by each person?

3.) Someone posted a picture to the gallery which I deleted but the gallery still rotates and includes a broken link to that picture. how do I clear this?

4.) Just to be clear, the Gallery is not the same as avatars, correct? The Gallery is not tied to profiles, right?

5.) Also, the scroller does not seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161931 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions
If you mean the CB Gallery plugin that is offered to Advanced members then the following statements are true:

+ Each user gets their own Gallery tab where they can upload their own items
+ The module that comes with the package is used to show random uploaded gallery images that link back to user profiles that uploaded them

I do not know which Gallery you have installed.
The latest CB Gallery works just fine.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161935 by EJoomlapolis1
Replied by EJoomlapolis1 on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions
Hi:

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
I am referring to Community Builder 1.4 (downloaded from the Joomla Directory site). A prior version came with the JASanidine template I am working with. I then upgraded to 1.4 per a CB security notice.

I am not saying it doesn't work, I just need a little help understanding it. It seems like it could be a nice feature.

Q.) In the Joomla Media/Images files for the Gallery is a folder created per each person so they can add pictures/graphics? This would seem to mean the original builders of my template that added the CB Gallery to it put in their own images- does this about sound right?

Q.) In the Gallery Module in the Joomla Admin back end, the scroller setting does not seem to work. Any ideas as to why it would not function when this is selected?

Q.) Someone posted a picture to the gallery which I deleted but the gallery still rotates and includes a broken link to that picture. How do I clear this?

Q.) The Gallery and Avatars are not related-correct?

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161938 by nant
Once again - which CB Gallery package have you installed?

The CB Gallery plugin is offered to Advanced members / Professional members (you do not appear to be one), so I do not know what you are using and if it is our software or someone else has developed it.

The CB Gallery is not the same as the CB Avatar.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161954 by EJoomlapolis1
Replied by EJoomlapolis1 on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions
Hi- thanks for working with me on this.

This is called, "CB Gallery" -it is a Module. Version 1.0 RC2. By Nick A. Who is apparently YOU! LoL

I'm not trying to be dense, I just got this and am trying to get used to it and work with it to contribute to a nice site is all.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

13 years 3 weeks ago #161956 by nant
You have an old version.
Current version is 1.2 RC2 I believe.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn